Hi,

It's been about 1½ year since I bought my RG421-wk and I thought it was time to make an upgrade from my Ibanez INF pickups.
Over time, I have been finding them slightly uncontrolled, particularly in highs and deep lows.
I have been searching around the internet for pickups that would suit my need, but to no avail.

I'm looking for a pickup capable of crunchy lows when distorted, and clear-sounding cleans undistorted.
My main influence is Opeth, and the cleans on the Damnation record is what I am seeking, an example being the solo on Windowpane.
As for the distortion, I am slightly uncertain, but somewhere between the sound of Deliverance and Ghost Reveries.

I know my bugdet isn't particularly high, so in case there isn't a decent jack-of-all-trades in my price-range,
I would much rather have either a clean or distorteed pickup that could improve my concern the most. Basically, I'm just looking for a pickup (be it neck or bride) to improve my sound.

Since I live in Denmark, my shopping possibilities are limited to northern Europe.

Thanks in advance!
Lace Deathbucker would be my first choice.
https://reverb.com/marketplace/parts?query=lace+deathbucker&product_type=parts&sort=price%7Casc

Here's a guy comparing Deathbuckers to EMGs.

I would also look at Railhammer Anvils or Chisels

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=Railhammer+chisel+humbucker+
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=Railhammer+anvil+humbucker

Railhammer demos by Dennis Kayzer

Railhammer demos by Rick Beard

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz Thanks for your effort in helping me, I will definitely keep them in mind.
asgerrud
Check out Wilde L500XLs. They're beasts. I know at this point I may look like I'm advertising for them but they're actually amazing. I have one for my bridge and it's a high output, clean, amazing pickup.
(They're also called Bill Lawrence L500XLs but there are basically two companies that sell them and Wilde are the legit ones)
Who needs shred when you've got rhythm guitar? :^)
Guitars:
Jackson King V (With a Wilde L500XL in the bridge)
Ibanez Iron Label RGIX27FEQM (7-string)
adexder Thanks, I'll check them out!
Edit, do you know any European shop that sells them?
Last edited by asgerrud at Sep 18, 2016,
I put Dimarzio Evolution pickups in my Ibanez S570DXQM.
Really made a difference. I'm happy with them.
They are probably out of your price range though. Maybe. I forget what I paid for them.
Dimarzio Titan isn't bad for lower tunings.
Dimarzio Dominion could also work.
Duncan Full Shred, too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by asgerrud
do you know any European shop that sells them?

They're aftermarket pickups so they're handmade at the shop. Their company is the only place to get them so you'd have to order online but it comes pretty quick. I got mine 2 months after I ordered them (Took half a week to ship but spent a while in customs for some reason)
Who needs shred when you've got rhythm guitar? :^)
Guitars:
Jackson King V (With a Wilde L500XL in the bridge)
Ibanez Iron Label RGIX27FEQM (7-string)
dimarzio crunch lab (bridge) and liquifire (neck) are hard to beat IMO.

i like the EVO's a lot too, i will be getting a set for another one of my ibbys.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'm gonna recommend a different approach as I don't really think high output pickups are the way t go. you want a pickup with a little umph to them but you are way better off letting your amp do the heavy lifting. pickups that keep single notes clear and let the little nuances through are what I'd be looking for. I know that Opeth was using strats for cleans on some of their albums. something like the DiMarzio Distortion + might be worth looking into.