hey guys,

i'm studying abroad in vienna (austria) for a semester, and as i couldn't bring any guitars, i'm looking for a 2nd hand one here.

while looking around in some pawn shops i stumbled upon a red jolana kolor (don't know if it's a kolor 1 or 2).
it's a guitar made in czechoslovakia in the early 1970s.
does anyone have experience with them, knowledge about their value? is it worth buying?
it looks pretty cool, is in quite good condition for it's age

cheers!
You could probably get better for the money. What is your budget?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R the jolana will cost me around 220 euros i believe, might be able to get a bit off it. my budget is about 250 max
IDK the pics that I see of the Jolana Kolor guitars looks very similar to the cheap 60's 70's Japanese guitars which are usually poor quality but FWIW here in the U.S. Reverb.com has several models of them listed all in the $500-$600 USD range.

https://reverb.com/item/1983458-jolana-kolor-1971
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Sep 19, 2016,
Evilnine that's the one. well thanks man, a good 200 euros is not a bad price then i guess (y)
Just give it a thorough inspection look for any signs of major damage and or repairs check the playability and of course that the electronics are all working properly.

If you get it post a new guitar day thread with some photos and a description of how it plays and condition etc.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Like Evilnine said, try before you buy. From my experience with old Jolanas some are quite good, some are worse than shit. But even the better ones have non-standard pickups which can be a pain if you'd ever want to replace them and the stock hardware quality seems to be hit or miss from model to model. Some people like'em, I actually have a friend who buys them as project quitars.

Still I think 220 euros seems a bit high,but I may be wrong.
i have tried it in every possible way and i liked it, so i bought it!
difficult to say if it's worth the money of course, but it sounds really good and is in pretty good condition + it's quite a unique guitar
of course it doesn't play as smooth as a good les paul or a strat, but it feels better than let's say a new squier strat.
anyone interested in pictures?
Yes we'd like to see the guitar, post a new guitar day thread with some pictures and a short description/review!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Thomas_enzu
Ok, good idea. what do you mean with a guitar "day" thread though?

You post a new thread titled NGD (or New Guitar Day) + the name of your new guitar in which you post pictures, some info on the guitar itself and something like a short review.