I have two Danelectro pedals, the distortion and the overdrive, and both have a great sound but I want to:

Is this possible with relative ease? Where should I start?
    its doable, but i am not sure how much sense it will make.

i have a feeling everything is board mounted, and that is a bitch. you would have to run new switches jacks and pots, and a lot of time.

i don't want to dissuade you though. the good thing is that these are cheap pedals, you aren't out much if they get messed up. look at some pedal 'rehousing' videos on youtube.
    WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
    alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
    nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
    youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
    2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
    2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
    2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
    2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
    Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
    ---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
    Doable. You would have to get a larger housing.
    Definitely open them up and gauge their board sizes. If the pots are board mounted, being mounted on the top side from what I've seen, you would have to remove them and run wire to some new pots.
    Pre-drilled housings don't cost much.

I don't know if they are buffered though. Wiring to a standard foot switch could be tricky if they are anything like Boss's clickless relays and buffers.

I am looking forward to the results!
    Quote by Liaztraht
    Doable. You would have to get a larger housing.
    Definitely open them up and gauge their board sizes. If the pots are board mounted, being mounted on the top side from what I've seen, you would have to remove them and run wire to some new pots.
    Pre-drilled housings don't cost much.

I don't know if they are buffered though. Wiring to a standard foot switch could be tricky if they are anything like Boss's clickless relays and buffers.

I am looking forward to the results!

Looks like they use SMD parts so it may be tough...
    You can actually get momentary stomp switches for this very purpose. They look like a standard stomp switch but operate the same as the dinky little momentary switches used in Boss/Ibanez/etc. bistable bypass circuits.

I've had a few Dano pedals and all of them used SMD parts. They require special equipment to work with as well as good eyes and a rock-steady hand. The only good luck I've ever had with SMD boards was a Crosley record player that had a dead transistor and a couple dead resistors. I soldered in standard thru-hole parts to the microscopic pads where the originals were and got it working again, but it looks kinda funky.