I'm searching for a tube combo or a head that is great with the cleans plus it can take distortion pedals well... I have a great pedal board (h9-timeline-sldrive-bigmuff.ect..) but a beginner's amp (line6 jam) .. please help
What genres do you play, do you play at home or do you gig as well, what's your budget, are you willing to buy used and where are you from (just the country/state will do)?

Without that info, it's pretty pointless to suggest stuff.
I play different kinds of genres .. blues fusion rock ambient jazz .. budget is from 500$ to 1200$ used or new I don't care .. I'm from Jordan but I can figure out a way to ship ...
$500-1200 clean tube amp + your pedalboard for those genres in mind?

Fender, Carvin and Vox would be my first thoughts, followed closely by Mesa. Tone King wwould be a good option.

Are you gigging, or is this just for personal use?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 18, 2016,
Both .. if gigging it will be miced .. or if it has an emulated output thats better.. thanks for suggesting Fender, Carvin, Vox, Mesa, and Tone King .. can you suggest what type exactly from those brands...
twin reverb comes to mind... for new production. fuckers stay clean FOREVER and are pretty good overall.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Would you want/need an FX loop? If no I'd suggest a Deluxe Reverb. If yes, Mesa Lonestar special. Hopefully these are in budget for you
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
A Deluxe Reverb might be a nice option as well. It's more portable than the Twin, still goes plenty loud for home use and you'll be micing it anyway.

I'm not too familiar with US prices, but a Dr Z Maz 18 or 36 might be nice as well. I'm not too sure how much 65Amps cost in the US, but they're really nice as well. And I suppose Victoria, Two Rock and Fuchs will be out of price range, but I'd pick either one of their amps up if I could at that budget.
Ok...did a little looking: first. forget Tone King because they start @$1400 used. Great amps, though.

Second, Mesa Transatlantic 15w heads can be had for as little as $800. The Transatlantic 30w heads start @$1100, and the combos around $1300. Transatlantics are discontinued, but they're pretty ideal for what you're considering. Trashed knows Mesas better than I do, though, so he'll probably chip in some better suggestions.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Guitar-Amplifiers/38072/i.html?_udlo=400&_sop=15&_mPrRngCbx=1&_from=R40&_nkw=mesa%20transatlantic&_dcat=38072&rt=nc&_udhi

Less exotically, a Vox AC 15 or AC30 would be good options, as would Fender Hot Rods or Bassbreakers and Carvin's Vintage series, V3 or Vai amps. MThe Hot Rods and Vintage amps will be more suited for the cleaner tones- their unmodified dirt channels aren't the best, but they're super clean and sound great.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz i do know mesa a little bit, but i may have to defer to somebody else.

i think the MKIV's are a killer value at the moment. i have EL34's in mine and i like that better than the 6L6's. The cleans are great (not quite lonestar) but more than workable. the strongest thing going for a MKIV is the lead channel. fucking fantabulous and just an all around win. i have seen some of the combos for $800-$1000 locally, i think i paid $780 for my long head.

as far as the other mesas go, the f-series isn't bad, the express series isn't bad, and the caliber series really isn't bad either, but i would take a MKIV over them personally. those you can find cheap and common, they are derivatives of some of the other models, more or less.

as far as the trans Atlantic, i can say that i haven't tried one. the clips sound good though.

as far as the Vox AC 15/30 goes, i don't think that is what the OP is looking for.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'd say a Lone Star is pretty spot on if you're going Mesa in this situation. It's got killer cleans and has a great drive channel should you want it. The only thing I wouldn't play through it is metal, but I don't expect that's what he's after with an H9, SL Drive and Big Muff on his board.
I really thank you all for the comments they are really helpful.. I'm not going Metal of course ..
sisofly look at Mesa combos - Express, Rectoverb etc. amazing cleans and great drive. I have the Lonestar Special 1x12 and it's incredible, but out of your budget, those other models are more affordable if you buy used. I use my Lonestar with an Eventide Timefactor, a Pharaoh Fuzz , AC Booster and BB Preamp - it takes all pedals extremely well and the built in tube reverb is phenomenal. I play everything from trippy prog/metal to organic Blues ( I'm in two bands) with my rig and people never cease complimenting me on the tone - it is a remarkable amp. I'm on the clean channel 90% of the time. The other guitarist in one of my bands has a Mesa Roadster and Express and they both sound amazing - the cleans are particularly great as well. If you can't afford a Mesa look at Fender or Vox. Don't judge Mesa's by their reputation as being metal amps, my amp smokes every Fender I've played - and I've played A LOT ( 60's Deluxes, Vibroluxes, Super reverb , HDR, Twins etc.) !
Last edited by reverb66 at Sep 19, 2016,
Quote by I K0nijn I
I'd say a Lone Star is pretty spot on if you're going Mesa in this situation. It's got killer cleans and has a great drive channel should you want it. The only thing I wouldn't play through it is metal, but I don't expect that's what he's after with an H9, SL Drive and Big Muff on his board.

100% agree. I love my lonestar to pieces and it takes my pedals really well, can get such a wide range of tones from it...but I can't quite stretch it to metal (but thats not what I bought it for). It must be something to do with how the gain stage is set up? Because I find even when I play some more 'shred' style leads through it, legato lines and picking lines don't carry as well.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special