Page 3 of 5
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I've never bought a Devi Ever fuzz. Don't think I will...

Spoke too damn soon-ish. Technically, this is a Devi Ever that has been modified & prduced by Dwarfcraft. But that still means...

FUZZES ON MY G.A.S. LIST (Part 4):

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 22, 2016,
Fuzz boxes produce gritty, heavy, uncontrolled mayhem. They're basically rock n roll in a box.
dannyalcatraz I have a Bass Big Muff, I still regularly look at prices for the BMP with tone wicker, the deluxe BM, the deluxe BBM, Wren & Cuff pedals, the JHS Muffuletta, that Pumpkin pedal with a Russian and an IC Muff in one housing, Frederic Effects Green Russian, Blackout Effects Musket....
I'm still really into my Band of Gypsys FFM. It's to the point where I almost have it on all the time. They work well with your volume knob so I can roll back to get some cleans, dial it up a bit for some raunchy classic rock style tones and then go full bore Hendrix fuzz madness.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^ Yeah. Definitely for certain types of music (classic rock in my case) I really like how, depending on the type of fuzz pedal, you can basically set the pedal to the right amount of fuzz and then get all of the tones you need from the guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ Yeah. Definitely for certain types of music (classic rock in my case) I really like how, depending on the type of fuzz pedal, you can basically set the pedal to the right amount of fuzz and then get all of the tones you need from the guitar.

For sure. I mean obviously for some genres the type of tone that fuzz produces might not be the best but for classic rock, stoner stuff even some newer alt and indie shit, fuzz can work really well if you know what you're doing. I generally set mine a bit more conservative compared to big fuzz heads but I'll knock all the knobs to 10 once in a while and go nuts
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yeah ditto
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
None of the fuzzes I'm into clean up in any really meaningful way. Generally it's all about making things massive for me, so if you roll off the volume you still get something thick and gainy.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by dannyalcatraz
monwobobbo in all seriousness, the fuzz pedals I own do overlap a bit, but cover at least 7 different fuzz pedal designs. They all sound a little different.

Some of them are "improvements" on older designs, though. Not pictured in any video so far posted is a EHX Russian Big Muff Pi, which I believe I already stated I owned. But the ARC Effects Big Green, Wren & Cuff Tall Font, and McCaffery Green Vodka are all variants on it. Each has its own thing going, too.

I was just bustin your chops . I know that fuzz while a simple pedal on paper can have pretty widely variable sounds. I guess I've never been so into any type of pedal that I would have got that many though and still want more. the 2 I have deliver a variety of sounds so cover a fair bit of ground. I'm tempted to stop by my parents house and dig out my brothers Earthsound Graphic Research Fuzz and see if it can get it fixed (a pretty rare vintage pedal from what I hear).

oh and yes people can get out of hand with TS variations, I have 3 different and that's pretty tame compared to some of the guys on TGP.
No kidding.

And yes- you SHOULD try to find that fuzz. Never heard of that one, FWIW.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
No kidding.

And yes- you SHOULD try to find that fuzz. Never heard of that one, FWIW.

perhaps you are familiar with the Idiot Box Blasteroid fuzz which is a clone of the ESGRF. see people asking $4-500 for it so guess seeing if I can get it fixed might be worth it. have to as my bro but he lives in china so isn't always to get ahold of at times
Nope- stumped again!

(Have your perceptions of me been tattered to mere seemings?)

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Nope- stumped again!

(Have your perceptions of me been tattered to mere seemings?)

no not at all. I wouldn't expect anyone to know every pedal out there. you post ones I've never heard of and I frequent TGP and everyone there it seems uses off the wall boutique pedals (except me). if my brother didn't have that pedal I wouldn't have heard of it either or thought to look it up and see there was a boutique clone.
Looki-ookie! monwobobbo, you could be in for some fun if that thing is repairable.

dannyalcatraz

yeah that is some pretty wicked fuzz. my brother used to use it in his punk band back in the late 80s early 90s. might end up chaper to just by the new pedal as it sounds pretty much the same we'll see.
Been looking at Idiotbox's website.

They have some niiiiifty stuff. Like fuzz pedals.

(Fun graphics, too.)

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 24, 2016,
Black Arts Toneworks has had a couple mentioned here already.

...here's another.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Spoke too damn soon-ish. Technically, this is a Devi Ever that has been modified & prduced by Dwarfcraft. But that still means...

FUZZES ON MY G.A.S. LIST (Part 4):

When I saw that Silver Rose, I thought WTF, bitch stole my idea.
But we actually came up with that concept at about the same time.
I just didn't have the money to make my idea happen.
Still don't.
My idea is leagues ahead of the Silver Rose.
That and health issues have put an indefinite halt on Caerbannog
Last edited by CodeMonk at Sep 24, 2016,
CodeMonk, what you need is a Danel Larusso to your Mr. Miyagi.

Another fuzz-obsessed boutique builder:
http://delreycustomshop.com

A most unusual pedal that happens to include a decent fuzz..

Old Blood Noise Endeavors' Haunt

(Kinda "Blair Glitch Project"...)

T00DEEPBLUE First its important to know that fuzz will usually not sound great on fender amp. They work best with a mid boosted/mid compressed sound more like a british amp. Theres a great article about which gain pedals work best on which amps on gilmourish. http://www.gilmourish.com/?p=7115 for me the appeal is getting smooth singing sustain that sounds like a super highgain amp boosted and dimed. I have the deluxe big muff only, it does sound best through a mid boosted amp or sim, but there are many useful settings. The jhs muffaletta gets many versions of bigmuff in one pedal, then there are ones that get way more noisy and experimental like the zvex fuzz factory, and some of the death by audio fuzz pedals
So, I bought a second fuzz pedal the other day, a second-hand Deluxe Big Muff Pi. My Bass Big Muff Pi is possibly broken, although I'm sure I can fix it, but I was looking a way to boost the mids for lead. Then I realised that the deluxe had that mids section, along with the attack control, noise gate, etc. and that Kit Rae loves them, so I bought one for a decent price in good condition. Once my bass muff is definitely working, I will decide if I want to keep that or not.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
A most unusual pedal that happens to include a decent fuzz..

Pink Floyd in a box you say? Yes please!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Looks cool. also keeley makes a hendrix in a box with the monterey. There are two pedals i know of geared towards Brian May. The oop digitech red special pedal which to me seems kind of gimmicky, and the more usable catalinbread gallileo which is a treble boost into ac30 sound.
Wampler's Ace Thirty a.k.a. Thirty Something has a May-ishness to it, too.

Can't believe I forgot this'n*:

* especially since I'm watching one on Reverb.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 28, 2016,
Devi ever ruiner is amazing. It's for when you love drugs and hate your audience.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.

I am not a fan of fuzz, generally speaking, but I've found myself using the fuzz in my Amplifire more than I thought I would. I have no idea waht it's actually modelling but it's very good.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Fuzz pedals are cool. What you gotta do is run like three of them at once with a bunch of octave pedals in different directions. And then you run it all into a 2000 watt powered subwoofer thingy and add a flanger and when the sweep hits tye low end you will level villages with all the griminess.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Cathbard
I am not a fan of fuzz, generally speaking, but I've found myself using the fuzz in my Amplifire more than I thought I would. I have no idea waht it's actually modelling but it's very good.

I had a quick look through the pdf manual, apparently it's based on a Fuzz Face of some sort. Which I always think of as quite tasteful.
it does have a fuzz face sound to it, yeah
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by theogonia777
Fuzz pedals are cool. What you gotta do is run like three of them at once with a bunch of octave pedals in different directions. And then you run it all into a 2000 watt powered subwoofer thingy and add a flanger and when the sweep hits tye low end you will level villages with all the griminess.

Fuzz: the kaiju of guitar pedals

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Fuzz: the kaiju of guitar pedals

It's a good thing that guitarists haven't figured out how to add suboctave LPFed sines (the essence of pure low end that turns an ordinary saw into a bulldozer) to their sound the way synth players and EDM producers do. With their complete lack of judgement and restraint it wouldn't be long until someone in Cali sets off the next big quake.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
theogonia777 hmmmmm...

Quote by theogonia777
It's a good thing that guitarists haven't figured out how to add suboctave LPFed sines (the essence of pure low end that turns an ordinary saw into a bulldozer) to their sound the way synth players and EDM producers do. With their complete lack of judgement and restraint it wouldn't be long until someone in Cali sets off the next big quake.

This is the kind of forward thinking guitarists need. I'm off to the pro-audio section.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
This is the kind of forward thinking guitarists need. I'm off to the pro-audio section.

They're gonna have to clean you out of your practice room with a steam hose.
Quote by theogonia777

hahaha
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?