Getting a tele soon as my goto clean sound guitar. I was wondering what pickups you guys would recommend?
what kind of cleans?

also the amp will have much greater affect on the tone than the pickups. what are you running it through?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
+1 to all that
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Just a nice clean rock guitar, that would go well with some reverb. Bit spacey and ambient.

I am using a Bugera 333XL Amp and I usually play pretty heavy but want something to get away from all that.
Quote by xdefectedx
Just a nice clean rock guitar, that would go well with some reverb. Bit spacey and ambient.

I am using a Bugera 333XL Amp and I usually play pretty heavy but want something to get away from all that.

that doesn't help at all.

we could be talking metallica ...AJFA cleans or RHCP. big difference. there are a hundred tones in between.

reverb and spacey doesn't tell me what kind of cleans you like either, that tells me what effects you are running.

JSX (what the 333XL is based off of) has some nice cleans, i like my JSX a lot.

are you thinking SC's or HB's? or both?

help us help you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
That's sounding like you want to use singlecoils, and Teles typically are singlecoil. However, Buckley and Fruciante are/were primarily Strat players. The singlecoils in each are similar, but different enough to be distinguishable from each other.

Do you already have a particular guitar in mind?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I might be stating the blindingly obvious here, but the pickups that are already in the Telecaster will probably work fine.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Really? That would be great lol

I did find out the DiMarzio Area-T's are really good for clean tones... Thoughts?
Quote by steven seagull
I might be stating the blindingly obvious here, but the pickups that are already in the Telecaster will probably work fine.
This is my thoughts too.Best to try em first.There maybe no need to swap them.
Quote by steven seagull

yeah, that's what i was thinking. as long as you don't get one with weird, really hot pickups, standard stock tele pickups are usually pretty low output and normally pretty good for clean tones. get the guitar first and see how it sounds.

Quote by xdefectedx
Really? That would be great lol

I did find out the DiMarzio Area-T's are really good for clean tones... Thoughts?

My thoughts would be, "How exactly did you find that out?"

If someone you know told you, or you read it online, then I would suggest that that information is probably at worst totally biased and not necessarily useful to you (the person who told you is a fanboy and just because he/she likes them doesn't necessarily mean you will) and at best far from the complete story (area t's likely do have nice cleans (I haven't tried them), being decent quality, fairly low output tele single coils... but pretty much any decent quality, fairly low output single coils will also likely have nice cleans).

Even if you found out by trying it yourself, the same logic applies- you've tried a pickup which sounds good clean, but it's not exactly an uncrowded field.

For what it's worth, I think buying a really cheap guitar and then spending a lot of money on aftermarket pickups is a bad idea. Just pool all of that money and get a better guitar in the first place which already has decent pickups and which will likely be a better guitar too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 19, 2016,