Ok so many songs (mostly metal) use detuned six-strings sevenstrings or even eightstrings !
Now the matter, the are many bands (e.g. amon amarth) that dont show you they use detuning or sevenstrings.
There are also bands (e.g. vildhjarta) that not only it cant pass unoticable but also their tone become extremely interesting.
Especially when that kind of bands play the low string OPEN . Its speaks and says they play me open...
How can I achieve this kind of tone ? Amp ? Guitar ? Pickups ? Recommend me a starting point.

If you want more examples of the tone I am talking about just say me...
Quote by DHF1234
Ok so many songs (mostly metal) use detuned six-strings sevenstrings or even eightstrings !
Now the matter, the are many bands (e.g. amon amarth) that dont show you they use detuning or sevenstrings.
There are also bands (e.g. vildhjarta) that not only it cant pass unoticable but also their tone become extremely interesting.
Especially when that kind of bands play the low string OPEN . Its speaks and says they play me open...
How can I achieve this kind of tone ? Amp ? Guitar ? Pickups ? Recommend me a starting point.

tuning is the place to start. open string will sound tone it's tuned to.

If you want more examples of the tone I am talking about just say me...
Be a better songwriter.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Q
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Be a better songwriter.

Yeah basically I dont want to play neither djent nor sound like a copy of vildhjarta
I just want to get this tone...
Listen the intro of the fading light from andy james
Alright so it seems you're wanting that "djenty" tone as I like to call it, while not necessarily playing that style of music.

Downtuned guitars are a must. At least drop B or A. Maybe be able to swing that type of tone with drop C, Periphery does it, but those higher tuned songs have a different feel really.

A seven string in standard, drop A, or G# really helped with that open low string woofy "clank" sound. Pick attack is good, don't bitch pick.

As long as you have some sort of high gain amp, it's mainly going to come down to a boost or EQ pedal (in front of the amp, not in the fx loop) and how you use it. You want to cut the lowest bass frequencies a little (like 80-200hz), and give some punch in the upper midrange around 1 to 4k). This is just some generalizing and isn't completely necessary specific.

I can't recommend an amp and I don't know much about them anymore, I've been using various computer plugins like Bias and free VSTs.

But basically, a downtuned guitar into a boost/EQ pedal, into a high gain amp. And remember, you don't necessarily need super high gain. Just enough to make it purr.
Alright so it seems you're wanting that "djenty" tone as I like to call it, while not necessarily playing that style of music.

Downtuned guitars are a must. At least drop B or A. Maybe be able to swing that type of tone with drop C, Periphery does it, but those higher tuned songs have a different feel really.

A seven string in standard, drop A, or G# really helped with that open low string woofy "clank" sound. Pick attack is good, don't bitch pick.

As long as you have some sort of high gain amp, it's mainly going to come down to a boost or EQ pedal (in front of the amp, not in the fx loop) and how you use it. You want to cut the lowest bass frequencies a little (like 80-200hz), and give some punch in the upper midrange around 1 to 4k). This is just some generalizing and isn't completely necessary specific.
I can't recommend an amp and I don't know much about them anymore, I've been using various computer plugins like Bias and free VSTsy.

But basically, a downtuned guitar into a boost/EQ pedal, into a high gain amp. And remember, you don't necessarily need super high gain. Just enough to make it purr. [/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what I was talking about. Thx for the advice.
If anyone knows any specific amp/guitar good for djent or detuning please tell me
DHF1234
Well what's your budget? Do you want a tube or solid state/modeling amp? The Peavey Vypyr gets a good rep, but I've never played it.

I played a Blackstar ID in guitar center a few weeks ago, and for the price it sounded immensely good for a cheaper solid state amp. Definitely could get similar tones with some tweaking.

A used Peavey 6505 1x12 is also a good option for a high quality tube amp. There's also a Micro version that's even cheaper, but you'd need a cab to go along with it.
Budget and location will help us to know what amps may be available for you, always consider buying used you will get more bang for your buck.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

All products are available
As for budget I have 500$ to spend and I
would be pleased with a used amp in good
condition if thats the case with the budget.
Not any specification like tube , solid state ,
modeling .Just keep in mind that it will be used for LOW tunings and this djenty tone...
Sorry I forgot something...
I would highly appreciate if
the amps you recommend me
have a combo version too.
I dont know if I really need
a head yet.I dont do a lot gigs
so its a little bit useless.
Again if talking for a really good amp
without combo version (but REALLY good)
i am open in some small budget changes,
maybe a head too.