I really liked a lot of the work he did, and sounds Andy Taylor got from his guitars in early Duran Duran and The Power Station. I'm particularly interested in what folks think the effects were that he used on the single Careless Memories. In the verse there's a great chorus/phased guitar sound that drops in pitch at the decay end of the chord. I've hunted on the web but cannot find a definitive answer. Can anyone help please?
I couldn't find an answer myself.

It could be as simple as sliding his chord down or using a whammy bar, After watching some live performances, one thing is clear, though: whatever he did, that little phrase got captured into some kind of looper so he could do other stuff during the performance. (Either that, or they have a second guitarist offstage doing that part- not uncommon on tours where some instrument parts may have been multiply tracked.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by malcypoos
I really liked a lot of the work he did, and sounds Andy Taylor got from his guitars in early Duran Duran and The Power Station. I'm particularly interested in what folks think the effects were that he used on the single Careless Memories. In the verse there's a great chorus/phased guitar sound that drops in pitch at the decay end of the chord. I've hunted on the web but cannot find a definitive answer. Can anyone help please?

Wait, are we talking Andy Taylor or Opie Taylor?