i think the phrase "love you" is often used as a shy and wimpy way to say "i love you"

Poll: agre?
Poll Options
View poll results: agre?
y
18 75%
n
12 50%
Voters: 24.
like you can't say the "i" part because it makes it so personal and definitive that you don't want to go there but you kinda do so it's weird. just go all in man.

actually you probably shouldn't.

they don't feel the same.

agree?
Uhh it's along the same lines of saying "Goodbye" instead of just "Bye".
You could say it, but it's like... why?
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I prefer to hear something like...I love you so much it is impossible to describe, you are totally amazing, and absolutely everything to me
When I say "love you" it means something very different from "I love you"
cat
yeah people make a huge deal out of it

like one tv shows and movies
when 2 couples are having a rough time and one of them says "i love you" to the other, and they just freak out like they signed some contract lmao

other than that, i still don't think even in real life it's a big deal, even when your parents say "i love you", it's really just intentional, almost subconscious because it's a normal thing to say.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Nah theres way too many contexts where you might choose one over the other. Plus who are you to dictate the use of language. Hate you.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
it just means different things

for example:

fuck you =/= i fuck you
Check out my band Disturbed
Depends on who I say it to
Love you is usually a friend thing
I love you is very close friend or partner
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
No. They're different things. Love you is like when you're saying you appreciate a mate or even saying thanks for doing something as a gesture of appreciation, as opposed to I love you which is a declaration of deep emotions. The extra letter adds a lot of context.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
When I start worrying about this sort of stuff, I then realise that I am going to die alone
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
"I love you"
"I'm sorry, but I love U2"
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by RAB11

"I'm sorry, but I love U2"
they did this in a Friends episode

anyway yeah course it can BUT at the same time if I've just had a bang with my bestest and she cuts the "I" from "love you" while we're nuzzling and snuggling and doin all that soppiest wholesome of things then you bet she means the same thing son
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
they did this in a Friends episode

anyway yeah course it can BUT at the same time if I've just had a bang with my bestest and she cuts the "I" from "love you" while we're nuzzling and snuggling and doin all that soppiest wholesome of things then you bet she means the same thing son

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
listen baby you dont gotta be jealous of our love one day you'll meet a metallica lover, rare though they are, and you'll ride each other into the sunset and collapse of the plateau of pleasure and beauty
Quote by EndTheRapture51
You sound like GordonPowers

I wonder if he ever found his hot blonde guitarist wife....
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
He found someone...
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
To take away the heartache?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Princess Leah: "I love you"

Han Solo: "I know"

Han said "I" but opted to leave out "love you" and Leah still wanted to hit that!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Sep 20, 2016,
I mean I generally avoid eye contact and keep quiet.

Then again it was with a hooker.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Neither of them will save you if you can't even look away from the LCD while you're saying it.
Not saying the "I" saves you a bit of breath that can be reserved for matters relating to love
I have nothing important to say
Quote by necrosis1193
This is how I feel reading this thread yea

And I'll say whatever I want
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by soundgarden1986
I can't remember the last time I've told anyone I love them

Not that anyone I know really expects me to anyway

A+ lyric bud
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
tbh I find most instances of "I love you" to be kind of... token.

Like my parents and I always say something to that effect at the end of phone calls but really it hardly has the weight for a sentence so significant to people, generally speaking. It seems to be like when a husband says it to their wife before they leave for work - where's the energy, the raw emotion? It seems more like a platitude or a pavlovian response than anything really resembling what it means, which is surely explosive, overwhelming and deep-rooted.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal

Like my parents and I always say something to that effect at the end of phone calls but really it hardly has the weight for a sentence so significant to people, generally speaking. It seems to be like when a husband says it to their wife before they leave for work - where's the energy, the raw emotion? It seems more like a platitude or a pavlovian response than anything really resembling what it means, which is surely explosive, overwhelming and deep-rooted.

yh
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
A+ lyric bud

actually reading that later it does sound more bullshit sadboi than anything lol

i meant it in more of a im not usually one to say stuff like that kind of way. its not like friends or family think i hate them or smth

my love gets shown in different ways
These days "I trust you" is a lot more meaningful to me than "I love you"
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Love you Will...

Quote by Banjocal

Look at you, all thinking there's only one form of love...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Sep 21, 2016,