Hi all

Looking for a Fender Stratocaster within a budget of 1500 GBP. Currently my main rig consists of a Fender Baja Telecaster and a Vox Ac15c1.
The sort of music I play is Indie rock music such as Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, The Smiths, Blur. Also bands like Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Black Keys and have started jamming around with some blues music also.

I love the V shaped neck on my Baja Tele and if I could get a strat with a similar neck that would be ideal. Also would like a maple fretboard and either a SSS or HSS pickup config but the neck pickup has to be a single coil.

I live in Northern Ireland therefore going used is almost not an option as there is such a poor selection here.

The guitar would mainly be used for practising and small gigs.

Many thanks

Niall
Fender Baja Telecaster
Gretsch G5422tdc
Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster
Vox AC15C1
Does it have to be a FENDER Strat?

I ask because Fret-King- a U.K. company- makes a pretty good version of that style guitar. A few years ago, despite living in Texas, I bought a Blue Label Super 60 HB and haven't regretted that decision at all. Including shipping costs, I paid @$800 or so. The Blue line is discontinued, so you'd have to look for used or NOS.
http://fret-king.com/super-60-hb.html#.V-FL5es8KrU
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1592737

Their higher-end Green Label line is still going on, though, and includes beauties like this:
http://fret-king.com/green-label/corona-290.html#.V-FK_es8KrU
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 20, 2016,
If it doesn't have to be a fender check out LSL - you may be able to find a second hand one for that price. I love mine (although I've struggled to get the action as low as I'd usually have it due to the frets being quite 'vintage').

Check out some G&L, Suhr stuff as well.

for 1500 you could get a fender elite, but for some reason I don't like the neck profiles on them.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I would like to have a chance to play the guitar and most of the shops here only stock Fender/Gretsch/Gibson therefore it would be preferred if it was a fender. Thanks for your suggestions anyways.
Fender Baja Telecaster
Gretsch G5422tdc
Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster
Vox AC15C1
A quick search on Fender's site for Stratocaster then filter by V Neck yields a few 50 and 56 models. Is there something about these models you want to be different?

What's the radius on your Baja Tele?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
^ yeah far as i'm aware the avri 56 strat has the v neck. i haven't tried it though (and it's ages since i tried the baja). can't remember if matchetts or dawsons had any avris last time i was in
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i love the AVRI line as a whole, my 52AVRI tele is flat out awesome.

HOWEVER, if you don't like the 'vintage' features, you won't like them. the radius is probably the most stand out difference.

i haven't tried an elite yet, so i can't comment on that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by nmcintyre2
Hi all

Looking for a Fender Stratocaster within a budget of 1500 GBP. Currently my main rig consists of a Fender Baja Telecaster and a Vox Ac15c1.
The sort of music I play is Indie rock music such as Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, The Smiths, Blur. Also bands like Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Black Keys and have started jamming around with some blues music also.

I love the V shaped neck on my Baja Tele and if I could get a strat with a similar neck that would be ideal. Also would like a maple fretboard and either a SSS or HSS pickup config but the neck pickup has to be a single coil.

I live in Northern Ireland therefore going used is almost not an option as there is such a poor selection here.

The guitar would mainly be used for practising and small gigs.

Many thanks

Niall

Fender Artist Series Eric Clapton Stratocaster Electric Guitar has the soft V neck profile. 1200-1600 USD new, within your budget.