Yo, so im looking at getting a new amp for gigging with (60+ people gigs anything bigger then that ill probably end up micing up)

I currently have a hot rod deluxe 3 that has died on me for the second time in 13 months. Dont really wanna spend more then £600ish (about $900-1000 i think, really not sure)

So something not too big or too small and reliable.

Im only asking as theres not a lot amps in my local store and everyone here seems to play marshall mg's so i havent really had a chance to play with a variety of amps

Thanks y'all
what type(s) of music will you be playing?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Rock/indie is pretty vague, but I play a Vox AC15 reliably for gigs about that size and play indie/ambient rock.
OffsetOffset
yeah if you could give us a few bands as examples that would help, in case my idea of indie and rock is different from yours
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, sorry i was basically asleep when i posted this haha

Playing stuff from the early kings of leon, the killers, aerosmith, the fratellies, the kooks, james bay, black keys. Preferably id like 2 channels but i think overall the drive channel is more important to me as a lot of this stuff is either filthy or just overdriven

Thanks for you patiences so far boys ? haha
no worries

laney vc30 might work reasonably well for those tones. not sure how reliable it is, though- generally laneys are good value but i've heard some reports that the build quality isn't quite as good as it should be.

voxes would likely work well too but i'm not sure if any are 2 channel.

some of the lower gain jet cities would likely work too (but i've only tried the higher gain ones)- the 50 watt 2x12 combo (if it's not too heavy and big) is probably worth a look.

probably a load of other really obvious stuff that i'm forgetting
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah jey city might be a good shout actually and i havent even thought of laney !

I like vox but they are far too heavy and my mates one blew up twice so he got a marshall dsl, great amp there just too much of it to lug around haha
I have a Mesa Roadster dual rectifier 2x12 combo and it is very versitile I can get just about any tone I nedd out of it super crisp cleans, killer crunch, and modern high gain, if you shop around you may be able to find a used one for close to your budget.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

This isn't my type of music but a Fender tube amp with a good drive channel sounds like a good match.

Quote by Evilnine
I have a Mesa Roadster dual rectifier 2x12 combo and it is very versitile I can get just about any tone I nedd out of it super crisp cleans, killer crunch, and modern high gain, if you shop around you may be able to find a used one for close to your budget.

I agree but it's probably way over budget. A combination of Fat, Tweed, and Raw!
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
what about the cliche (but awesome) Marshall DSL40c? Only because you said the overdirve channel is more important. If you really want shimmering cleans I think the fender suggestion above is the way to go.
Last edited by tobin1634 at Sep 26, 2016,
what is the problem with your HRD?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/