1 14%
Song 3
3 43%
Song 4
3 43%
Voters: 7.
Kek

How was your day?

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "In To The Ocean" (nico_9550)

2 - "We Suck (acoustic sketch)" (seventh_angel)

3 - "Kate" (Trifonas)

4 - "Poison (But It Will)" (FoOltz)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are last week's most voted COVERS:
From Trifonas, the song "On The Beach (Neil Young cover)",
and from FoOltz, the song "Kashmir (Led Zeppelin cover)"!

Aaaand...
The most voted ORIGINAL song from last time:
From xTURTLENECKx, the song "Everybody Says (You're Wrong)"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Friday (post your song for next week meanwhile). The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------
bgguykvt8vtvyhvg

Check out last week's COVERS thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1706657
Check out the previous ORIGINAL SONGS thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1703864
I miss that video FoOltz made, with the anime music playing in the background and the Paint drawing. Life is meaningless.
why am I up and why is nothing working wtf soundcloud

1. I tried to listen to this but it said that I needed sunglasses, plaid, and mojitos in order to continue that was weird I'll listen to it tomorrow after a trip to the store I guess

2. so I tried to listen to this but it said I was not on near enough shrooms and also that my passport has expired wtf does that have to do with anything

3. I had to disconnect my equipment from my computer because it wasn't lo-fi enough and even then I only got a copyright claim from NMH and radiohead ok what

4. I clicked the soundcloud link but only got a link to my high school yearbook and a list of every single life choice everyone's made wrong in the years since how did they get this information this is really personal

I didn't vote for any of them because I didn't listen to any of them but if I had I'm sure it would have been either for trifonas with a shoutout to seventh because both of their songs are probably immensely good
Maybe it's 2lofi4u m9
Booyakasha imma chek those trx 2nite
and vote
Just cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.
Actually already listened to them all

1. i'm not really a fan of this kind of a jam, since it seems a bit pointless.
still your playing is really great and i like that guitar tone

2. reminds me a bit of some of syd barrett's stuff,
i kinda disliked the shouting at the outro
something i really like is the strictness (is that even a word?) of your playing

3. did that when i was fucked up one night
sorry about the lyrics

4. voted for this one, lyrics and singing are typical fooltz, but the mellow distorted riffs are awesome
love how the first part flows so seamlessy into the second one
I thought the screaming at the end was great but it did kinda feel like it dropped in from another song, for better or worse
Last edited by whywefight at Sep 21, 2016,
Quote by Trifonas
Actually already listened to them all

1. i'm not really a fan of this kind of a jam, since it seems a bit pointless.
still your playing is really great and i like that guitar tone

my song is about life, life is pointless
1 - I don't really like the repetitiveness of it. The riff is nice, so is the playing and the tone, but it drags for too long without building other type of momentum. Sorry

2 - Regarding the screaming, the way I composed the song has a sort of Future Of The Left vibe to it, and instead of simply doing an acoustic version of it, I tried to build from the acoustic version to an approximation to the way I want the song to sound. Apparently, it didn't work out that well I will post a Future Of The Left song in the end of the post to give a better idea of what I'm aiming for with that song.

3 - I don't like Radiohead. This sounds like Radiohead. And, even so, I found myself enjoying it, which is one of the best things I could possibly say regarding that. The vocals follow the chords pretty well, and it works as this raw bedroom recording. Great job.

4 - I like the build up of the song. I'm a bit on the fence on the vocals, but it fits the music well. I really like the main melody.

I'm a bit split between Trifonas and FoOltz, but I'm gonna go for Trifonas because it's something that I usually wouldn't enjoy, and I did.

'kay, a mix between this:

and this

Heavier than the first one, softer than the second
for some reason that one part that says "..underneath the city, everything is fine" reminds me a lot of early Frank Zappa
and I get a feeling that you might enjoy some of his stuff (if you haven't checked him out already)
Quote by seventh_angel
1 - I don't really like the repetitiveness of it. The riff is nice, so is the playing and the tone, but it drags for too long without building other type of momentum. Sorry

tbh I feel the same about the song lol I wanted to go somewhere else with it but I didn't know what else to do so it ended up being like a jam mostly
Quote by Minicaxotinho
@ 19 seconds, 27 seconds, etc... That part.
I don't see it, but either way, it's cool
Quote by nico_9550
tbh I feel the same about the song lol I wanted to go somewhere else with it but I didn't know what else to do so it ended up being like a jam mostly
Hope you find some way to develop it more according to your goals one of these days