Hi!

With this technique,can i record the dry signal of the combo?:

or I will damage the combo?
Last edited by frostkaldstia at Sep 21, 2016,
Oh I see what you mean.

Yeah as long as you leave the speaker plugged in (or use a load box) you can run your FX send into your interface without damaging anything. The FX loop is between the preamp and the power amp so it won't be sending 60W into your computer. This would give you just the sound of the preamp, which will sound like a turd, and you will need to use some kind of cabinet emulation or impulse response on your computer to make it sound like an amplifier, which is presumably what that video shows.

I am wondering why you want to do this though. The 6505+ combo comes with an MSDI output which is designed to do exactly what you are talking about, but with a built in speaker emulation.
Quote by Random3
Oh I see what you mean.

Yeah as long as you leave the speaker plugged in (or use a load box) you can run your FX send into your interface without damaging anything. The FX loop is between the preamp and the power amp so it won't be sending 60W into your computer. This would give you just the sound of the preamp, which will sound like a turd, and you will need to use some kind of cabinet emulation or impulse response on your computer to make it sound like an amplifier, which is presumably what that video shows.

I am wondering why you want to do this though. The 6505+ combo comes with an MSDI output which is designed to do exactly what you are talking about, but with a built in speaker emulation.

too bad it sounds like fried asshole.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Random3
I never did an A/B test with a cab impulse but I don't recall it sounding that bad.

Coming from someone who owns this amp (though in a very, very different form), it really is shitty.

TS, I strongly suggest if you're going to try this to do an effects loop mod to the amp to take out some of the highs. This amp has a habit of putting a lot of highs in your guitar sound when you run the effects loop. The point was originally to compensate for tone suck by running long cables to your pedalboard by adding treble to the sound. But this amp adds way too much of it. Fortunately there is a fix that does help resolve the problem and it's extremely simple. Simply put a .022uF (Microfarad) capacitor in parallel with R86.

There's many, many other mods you can do to this amp and you can make this amp sound enormous on both channels by doing so, but I won't go into that here.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 25, 2016,