Hello mate,

I am new member into this forum. I would like to know how to play guitar in a easiest way? Do you have any ideas?

Please let me know and guide me which is easy way to learn? Thanks!
Get a teacher and learn a lot of songs you like.

For a more specific answer, we need a more specific question. What do you want to learn and achieve? Why do you play guitar?
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
I'd advise learning a few chords first. Find a few simple songs using the chords you learned. Strum on the beat. There you have it. That's not high level guitar playing but it'll amaze people who don't know anything about guitar. Welcome to level 1.2 (from 1-10...I'm about a 3!).

Lots of resources on youtube. Here's a beginner lesson I found. Seems like a nice enough guy.

Please do yourself a favor and get a good guitar. It's really so much easier learning on a good instrument. There are excellent recommendations for which guitar to get in the acoustic forum. You can get a nice guitar for $200, or a piece of junk for $1,000, so be careful.

Lastly I'd say don't worry if you don't sound great, to your ears, as long as playing brings you joy.
Last edited by TobusRex at Sep 21, 2016,
The "easiest"way to learn is to practice 2 to 4 hours per day for several months - that will get you past the initial difficulty hump and make learning funner, faster and more rewarding. The secret to getting good at guitar is practicing A LOT. Don't be fooled by all the gimmicks - every great musician has put in enormous amounts of practice, often much more than they will publicly admit ( I'm looking at you Malmsteen!).
Quote by reverb66
The "easiest"way to learn is to practice 2 to 4 hours per day for several months - that will get you past the initial difficulty hump and make learning funner, faster and more rewarding. The secret to getting good at guitar is practicing A LOT. Don't be fooled by all the gimmicks - every great musician has put in enormous amounts of practice, often much more than they will publicly admit ( I'm looking at you Malmsteen!).

Yeah, I really like your sound. I think if I can continue 2-4 hours per day hope I can mastered it easily.
Find a teacher with whom you have some empathy - one who is genuinely interested in teaching the kinds of things that you want to learn. I personally think that this should be a combination of theory, exercises and (initially) chord accompaniments to tunes that you like.
Hey guys, what do you think of this as barre practice? I started yesterday fretting the top 4 strings, and went up and down the fretboard one fret at a time. Then I moved to 5 strings and did the same thing. I'm hoping I can pound that much, at least, into my muscle memory. My E barre....that damn ring finger is what's screwing me up.
It sounds like a plan to me, I think that getting the "muscle memory" right is very important. Not much different in spirit from the stretching exercises that classical learners are subjected to.

UPDATE Since posting this I went to my man cave and had a go at a strumming technique I had been struggling with yesterday. It worked first try, no problem - I think that the resting period where it has time to embed is important.
Last edited by Tony Done at Sep 24, 2016,
Thanks for the feedback Tony. My teacher, nice young guy, is encouraging me to go up the neck. He's shown me alternative G and C chords, I think, with the express purpose of them being useful further up the neck. He started me on alternate tunings so I can start to work on Fahey (Poor Boys Long Way From Home, specifically). I'm going to beat barres just like I beat Travis Picking...noodling it relentlessly until it becomes second nature, lol.

Congrats on beating that strumming technique! I'm guessing, since you like Tommy Emmanuel a lot, that it's something percussive? I've been tapping my strings like a gorilla, at times Makes an interesting sound.
Tommy? No,I'm way below his league. I t is something akin to this:

That is true banjo-style clawhammer, where the fingers only do downstrokes, I'm trying a version where the beat and melody lead from from a finger upstroke. I've been working on a related style that emulates bluegrass flatpicking for a while, in which the melody is played with the thumb. In both styles you sometimes have to hit melody notes on a finger backstroke, and doing that cleanly is tricky.