So Recently I ordered a used strat planning to make some kind of EVH frankenstrat guitar..

The biggest question i had besides all the fancy temblo /floyd rose thingy is the pickup's..

I need to know how the JB , super distortion and EVH pickup sound like in detail because i heard eddie tried all three of those. I just really need to know how they sound like.

If you can, please make some kind of comparison. Thx very much
I think the most intelligent question to ask is what generation of Ed's sound do you want.

He used a Gibson PAF on VH1. And in his Kramer days he used the JB (I think).

I think all of this indicates that if there is not 1 specific pickup of the ones you've mentioned that you require to nail Eddie's sound. If you research what he used on your favorite VH album and buy one of those, you can't really go wrong. What matters more is what amp you're using and whether or not you can actually play in a way that emulates him.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 22, 2016,
What generation of Ed's sound do you want?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Also it is kind of imperative to know what amp you are using.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
yeah you need to know what era of evh and also having a suitable amp (which also changed per era) is kind of important as well.

early VH you want a paf or hot paf type pickup

i wasn't aware he used the jb with the kramers () but i guess that sort of stands to sense

with the musicmans he used sort of medium output dimarzios i think. they're still on the musicman axis. dimarzio says the bridge model is closest to the tone zone, but i could've sworn they used to say it was closest to the andy timmons. it doesn't sound that like the tone zone to my ears (i haven't tried the timmons).

early vh you want a plexi i think (and maybe a boost up front)

later evh was a 5150 i think
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like the 1984 era and btw pls tell me the differences with those 3 pickup's because i might end up on another project guitar not a guitar for Van Halen...
oh ok

very basically, PAF is low output (for humbuckers, still a good bit hotter than a strat-style single coil!), pretty clear-sounding and pretty bright (often a bit scooped as well). pretty vintage-sounding.

hot PAF is similar but a bit hotter.

the dimarzio axis models are a bit hotter again (still not super-hot) and a good bit more modern-sounding (to my ears).

the JB is hotter again- still not super-hot like an EMG but I'd say they're into the "hot" category. they're also quite vintage-sounding, though, the bass isn't super-tight, and they have a lot of mids and compression.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by 477mika1
I like the 1984 era and btw pls tell me the differences with those 3 pickup's because i might end up on another project guitar not a guitar for Van Halen...

If a pickup is used by Van Halen, that doesn't mean it isn't going to be good for any other style than Van Halen.

It's difficult to go wrong with the JB.

I'm really curious to know what amp you're using.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T00DEEPBLUE

AMP is an orange Thunderverb 50

Forget my project its way off my budget and i think I need something more practical than a very loud guitar..

Recently looking for Wolfgang USA custom with Chrome covered humbuckers..

If you can help i have a question:

How does the Wolfgang usa custom with a chrome covered humbucking pickup sound like compared to the wolfgang stealth ?

If you never tried those wolfgang or own them then nevermind
yeah i've never tried either of those
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?