Im getting kind of sick of this.
I have a LTD MH-50, and everythings great, except for the fact that if i use the floyd rose special bridge just a little with the tremolo bar, the whole thing goes out of tune. Leading me to have to spend time to retune it, only for it to go out of tune again.

Should i have another guitar tech re-re-set it up?
Its in drop C, set up last november, using d'Addario XL Nickel wound 0.11-0.49s (just had them changed by a different guitar tech 2 weeks ago).

But i know its not the strings age, and definitely not the blocks holding the strings slipping (else id here a crack sound). I have the locking nuts screwed tight enough to keep the strings from slipping but not enough to strip the screw.

Whats the problem with it? Is it this way because its a floyd rose? How are the professional guitarists able to keep it in tune even though they dive and pull the bridge more than I do?
Gear:
- ESP LTD MH-50
- Strandberg OS 7
- A cheap fender strat knock-off not worth naming
- Garageband
- Boss GT-1
- Potato
the cheap floyds are [almost] always a pain in the ass.

is the bridge parallel to the body?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
A good Floyd Rose system should stay perfectly in tune after both divebombs and pull-ups. You should not have to dive the bridge to restore its tuning if its a Floyd.

Ensure the strings are fully stretched in properly. Especially since you say they're relatively new.

Remove the bridge. Lube the knife edges a bit with Vaseline. If the knife edges are damaged, then that is very likely why it is not staying in tune and you may need to buy a new Floyd baseplate to fix the problem.

You should know how to change a spare wheel on your car, so you should know how to set up your own guitar. If you don't its time to learn. Don't pay someone to do it for you. A tech cannot set a guitar up any better than you can if you know how to yourself.

Please send pics that show how your guitar is set up if you can.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
A good Floyd Rose system should stay perfectly in tune after both divebombs and pull-ups. You should not have to dive the bridge to restore its tuning if its a Floyd.

Ensure the strings are fully stretched in properly. Especially since you say they're relatively new.

Remove the bridge. Lube the knife edges a bit with Vaseline. If the knife edges are damaged, then that is very likely why it is not staying in tune and you may need to buy a new Floyd baseplate to fix the problem.

You should know how to change a spare wheel on your car, so you should know how to set up your own guitar. If you don't its time to learn. Don't pay someone to do it for you. A tech cannot set a guitar up any better than you can if you know how to yourself.

Please send pics that show how your guitar is set up if you can.

Yes check the knife edges the Floyd Specials are about the same quality as many licensed copies which is not very good. Learning to set up your Floyd is something you should do as Blue suggested that said I have been known to pay to have my guitars restrung just because I don't like to mess with doing it myself but I can do it plus my tech will do it for $20 including a new set of strings.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge