Hi it's my first time writing on UG forum.

I have several guitars that are just for heavy metal, they are mounted with Seymour Duncan Nazgul, Lace Alumitone Deathbucker(guitars are made in USA Jacksons)

Problem is my 1981 Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty has Tim Shaw's mounted(I'm not even sure if they really are. I have them saved in PC I don't know how to upload it here)

Anyway, I found Tim Shaw's aren't really for heavy metal, compared to my Jackons, it's very poor.

So I'm thinking about changing pickups...maybe one in gold cover but I don't know which I should get.

I enjoy switching guitars and play them since they all have different pickups mounted so I might as well get a non Duncan, Lace pickup.

Any recommendation? Should I just stick with Duncans? I love Duncans but I hate the feel that Duncan have something missing inside...like it's hollow in the middle and does not feel full.
Amp?

What are you trying to achieve tonally with this guitar that is different from your other ones?
Any recommendation? Should I just stick with Duncans? I love Duncans but I hate the feel that Duncan have something missing inside...like it's hollow in the middle and does not feel full.

Can't say I agree. You cannot generalize Duncan pickups when they make so many different varieties.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
What don't you like about the Shaws?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I am wondering what kind of sound you are looking for. Duncan makes tons of pickups that can get almost any sound, from hollow to so many mids, it hurts. Is there a sound you are getting now you don't like?
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 22, 2016,