I just got the Kona Tolex Thin Body Guitar Case for my Kona K2 thinline guitar. its a nice case but it have had it for 2 days and I already have some pretty deep scraps. Is there anything I can coat the case with to add a bit more surface durability that wont chip or peal? I was thinking mod podge.
Last edited by deareyesbp at Sep 22, 2016,
Mode podge is pretty much identical to watered down white school glue.
if you want tough suggest clear epoxy instead... or better yet re-cover it with
quality tolex.. or consider truck bed liner.
Isn't that "Mod Podge" decoupage stuff? No.

You might look into Acrytech's Duratex (which is a rubberized coating used on a ton of Pro Audio gear and speaker cabinets), which can be applied with a special roller to produce a tolex-look surface. http://store.acrytech.com/Speaker-Cabinet-Coatings/

There are a number of spray-can truck bed liner coatings. The one that's absolutely brutal, however, is LineX, which can only be obtained at a LineX dealer. It's sprayed on hot, combining two parts into a nearly-bulletproof coating. I used it on a pair of 2x12s in lieu of covers or airline cases, and aside from surface scuffs, you couldn't tell the cabinets had been on the road for a couple of years. The military actually uses it for explosion-proofing.
Modpodge would probably work, but it wont look any better. Unless you are a decoupage master.
Quote by geo-rage
Modpodge would probably work, but it wont look any better. Unless you are a decoupage master.

Maybe the case could match his guitar.

If it looks like that it could be way cool. If seen some crappy looking decoupage but the stuff is supposed to hold up to coffee table standards. It always has brush strokes showing and ive never seen it 5 years latter so who knows how long it hold up.