Slightly convoluted question.

Where I work we frequently have a lot of downtime where all I do is browse the internet, which is starting to get a bit boring.

Unfortunately because of the nature of the job we are not allowed to use mobile phones, or any device with either cameras or access to the internet aside from the work computer. When it is very quiet I play games on my phone anyway but we aren't actually allowed to do this.

So, what I am looking for is some kind of cheap handheld console like a classic Gameboy or something that has some decent games I can pick up cheap.

Criteria:

Must be enjoyable with the sound muted.
Must be able to be paused frequently.
No camera on the console.
No internet access on the console.

Any suggestions?

All I could think was like a Gameboy with one of the original Pokémon games or something.
Just get a 2DS. I think they dont have a camera built in.

That or just cover it. Turn off wifi as well.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If I could do that then I would just use my phone. The issue is that we can't use any portable electronic device with the ability to send out confidential information, regardless of whether we actually do that. So I can't just disconnect from Wi-Fi and put tape over the camera.
Quote by Random3
If I could do that then I would just use my phone. The issue is that we can't use any portable electronic device with the ability to send out confidential information, regardless of whether we actually do that. So I can't just disconnect from Wi-Fi and put tape over the camera.

Well then youre fucked.

Pray you wont get ripped off buying a gameboy I guess. Everybody wants too much for them now.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
You get a book right

of puzzles

it is

enjoyable with the sound muted
can be paused in real time
has no camera
and no internet access
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Random3
Not quite, technical support for a supermarket. So we take a lot of customer's information and save it for repairs etc hence the no phones rule.

Its just a supermarket dude. Use a DS.

Its not like your boss is gonna be like O SHIT THATS A DS UR LEAKING IMPORTSNT CUSTOMER INFO

Quote by Banjocal
You get a book right

of puzzles

it is

enjoyable with the sound muted
can be paused in real time
has no camera
and no internet access

That too
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
something I do for fun is write down the schedules of everyone i know

when they get up, when they go to work etc

they must be working for the CIA. I have a friend called Alex who proved it to me she's the best
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Buy a fleshlight.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Like shouldnt the supermarket be more worried that their wifi password is probably password and they have more ports open than cape canaveral in the summer?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
have you heard of ball in a cup
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
have you heard of ball in a cup
That's not how you use a fleshlight, I'm told.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Get a Rubik's cube
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Random3
It isn't actually in a supermarket it's in an office, we take phone calls from the supermarkets and customers at home so basically you are surrounded by confidential information so they are pretty tight on it.

How is their security.

Seriously though. Its a gameboy or nothing at this point if you really want a disconnected device. Try to find an SP. They are smaller and have a backlight.

Skip the micro unless you are a hipster
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Sep 22, 2016,
Quote by Random3
Yeah that's what I was thinking, either a Gameboy, Advanced or SP. I used to have an Advanced when I was a kid, never had an SP but yeah the light looks pretty cool.

Any ideas for games? Apart from the classic Pokémon ones?

Advanced is okay. SP is better cause good luck finding cheap peripherals for a gameboy like a light etc...

Games wise, pokemon, golden sun, mario golf or tennis if you are into that, advanced wars and some of the zelda games.

I think they make cartridges where you can load roms now. Might want to check that out.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
1. Buy old smartphone for like $60 that has a physical keyboard
2. Find NES emulator
3. Find ROMS
4. Install them
5. Don't reactivate it's wireless service plan so it can't go online
5. You now have an NES in your pocket. Enjoy.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
You should be able to pick one of these up pretty cheap on eBay

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by sashki
Raspberry pi, screen and controller. You can emulate all the gameboy stuff and much more.

That would be so flimsy, I wouldn't want to carry that whole deal in my pocket.

Quote by Evilnine
You should be able to pick one of these up pretty cheap on eBay

Yeah about 15 bucks give or take
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
You can get a PSP dirt cheap, and it's really easy to get custom firmware on it. So you can load it up with emulators and PS1 games and PSP ISO's on it.

It feels more authentic than using a phone.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
He doesn't want anything that can connect to the internet or a camera because silly office rules so he can't get a PSP or a DS or another phone or anything decent.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Get a an old psp
Lots of good games out there for that generation like God of war and midnight club
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Hold on

get a fucking gameboy SP
Quote by EndTheRapture51
stop slacking off at work lol
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.