I find the tonebridge app very interesting, but I want to use it to play through my amp. From what I have seen, you can only use earbuds or play it through your phone speakers. I want to be able to hook up a guitar cable to both ends of an iRig-like device and play it through my amp. Is there a way to do this?
-->Fender Squier Bullet Strat
-->Fender Deluxe Players Strat

-->Dunlop Crybaby 535Q wah
-->Behringer EM600 Echo Machine (piece o' crap)
-->Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive

-->Fender Mustang II
-->RMS GA-10
1/8 to 1/4 adapter or an iRig 2, either will work.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Arby911
If I am correct in thinking the 1/8 will work with an average headphone jack, could I plug the 1/4 end into my guitar, and the other end into the amp? I have done that and it doesn't seem to work, however I can play a song or sound through my phone to the amp, just not from the guitar. Any ideas?

-->Fender Mustang II
-->RMS GA-10
Quote by nate8olson
Arby911
If I am correct in thinking the 1/8 will work with an average headphone jack, could I plug the 1/4 end into my guitar, and the other end into the amp? I have done that and it doesn't seem to work, however I can play a song or sound through my phone to the amp, just not from the guitar. Any ideas?

Plug the adapter 1/8 into the iRig headphone jack, plug the 1/4 end into your amp.
Charles Darwin
I guess you must have misunderstood what I meant. I want something that my phone can connect with (wireless or not) that I can plug a 1/4 in cable into either end of, sort of like a stompbox.

-->Fender Mustang II
-->RMS GA-10
Last edited by nate8olson at Sep 23, 2016,
Quote by Arby911
Plug the adapter 1/8 into the iRig headphone jack, plug the 1/4 end into your amp.

I guess you must have misunderstood what I meant. I want something that my phone can connect with (wireless or not) that I can plug a 1/4 in cable into either end of, sort of like a stompbox.

-->Fender Mustang II
-->RMS GA-10
IRig2
Charles Darwin
TS, do you have an iRig already, and if so, which one? If not I recommend one of the HD models. Once you have that, you take the headphone out from your phone, using a 1/8 male to male cable, plug a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter on one side, and plug that into your amp.

So:

Guitar>iRig HD>iPhone>headphone out>1/8 male-to-male>1/8-1/4 adapter>amp.

What type of amp is it?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
TS, do you have an iRig already, and if so, which one? If not I recommend one of the HD models. Once you have that, you take the headphone out from your phone, using a 1/8 male to male cable, plug a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter on one side, and plug that into your amp.

So:

Guitar>iRig HD>iPhone>headphone out>1/8 male-to-male>1/8-1/4 adapter>amp.

What type of amp is it?

It is a Fender Mustang II, it has a jack. I don't have an iRig, but I guess the iRig HD is my only option, since the original doesn't go to the amp and the others don't work with tonebridge.

-->Fender Mustang II
-->RMS GA-10
Last edited by nate8olson at Sep 25, 2016,
Quote by Arby911
IRig2

The iRig 2 doesn't work with tonebridge, only iRig and iRig HD.

-->Fender Mustang II
-->RMS GA-10
Quote by nate8olson
It is a Fender Mustang II, it has a jack. I don't have an iRig, but I guess the iRig HD is my only option, since the original doesn't go to the amp and the others don't work with tonebridge.

I'm confused about what you mean by "doesn't go to the amp". Does the Mustang have an effects loop?
Quote by nate8olson

I have an iRig and regularly used it to go to an amp by going from the headphone jack on it with an adapter, which is what's been suggested above. Repeatedly.

I have an iRig HD as well, but I can guarantee that the above works.

What makes you think the iRig2 won't work?
Charles Darwin
Quote by dementiacaptain
I'm confused about what you mean by "doesn't go to the amp". Does the Mustang have an effects loop?
I mean that the iRig, iRig 2, iRig HD, etc. all connect from your guitar to the iRig to the phone or iPad or whatever. What I am looking for is something that will allow me to go from my guitar to the device (iRig/similar devices) the from there to my amp, and the phone could connect somewhere along the way. So the signal would go from my guitar to my amp, but the iRig or similar device would be in the middle to modify the tone.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/joomla/images/ik_images/product_page/irighd/big/hd_connections.jpg - this is how most are, but instead of that one end going to the phone, it would go to the amp.

-->Fender Mustang II
-->RMS GA-10
Dude, that's why I said go from your phones headphone jack to the amp. That's exactly what you are wanting to do.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Dude, that's why I said go from your phones headphone jack to the amp. That's exactly what you are wanting to do.
Yes, but I don't just want to play something from my phone, I want to be able to play from my guitar to my amp in real time with tonebridge modifying the tone along the way, Sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

-->Fender Mustang II
-->RMS GA-10
Quote by nate8olson
Yes, but I don't just want to play something from my phone, I want to be able to play from my guitar to my amp in real time with tonebridge modifying the tone along the way, Sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

Which is EXACTLY what the iRig does.

Guitar into iRig, iRig into phone, phone processes, out from iRig to headphones/speaker/amp.
Charles Darwin
Yeah dude you can do that. See my earlier post showing the chain. You need a male end to male end 1/8 cord to plug into the headphone jack of your phone, and then a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter that attaches to that cord, and then you can plug into your amp.

How else would you do it?
nate8olson Hey! Actually, iRig 2 does work with Tonebridge. But, as mentioned above, HD version is more recommended because of a much better quality.
Quote by Arby911
Which is EXACTLY what the iRig does.

Guitar into iRig, iRig into phone, phone processes, out from iRig to headphones/speaker/amp.

That's totally correct!
Quote by tigermetal
nate8olson Hey! Actually, iRig 2 does work with Tonebridge. But, as mentioned above, HD version is more recommended because of a much better quality.

Ok thank you, sorry if I was a bit of a pain.

-->Fender Mustang II
-->RMS GA-10
Quote by nate8olson
Ok thank you, sorry if I was a bit of a pain.

No pain at all! Feel free to ask anything you want to know about Tonebridge. Cheers!
Quote by frankowillo
Just in case someone still doesn't get the setup, this kid shows you exactly the procedure:

Is there any way to use this method with an irig hd, or does it have to be an irig 2???
I have the opposite question... when I plug my strat to my iPhone7 using iRig, I don't get any sound from the speakers on my phone.

Is there a setting on the phone I need to change?
Quote by frednunje
I have the opposite question... when I plug my strat to my iPhone7 using iRig, I don't get any sound from the speakers on my phone.

Is there a setting on the phone I need to change?

Old thread please make new one