Page 1 of 2
End of an era.

Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce from Brad Pitt citing "irreconcilable differences", the actress's lawyer has confirmed.
Robert Offer said she filed for "dissolution of marriage" on Monday, adding the "decision was made for the health of the family".
"She will not be commenting, and asks that the family be given its privacy at this time," Offer added in a statement.
The couple have been together since 2004 but only married in August 2014.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37422843

When Angelina Jolie filed for divorce from Brad Pitt on Monday, it ended not only a marriage but also a concept, a brand, and a joint venture that had shaped pop culture for more than a decade. The word “Brangelina,” first coined by People magazine, turned two superstars into one super-superstar, a feat that’s been successfully managed only a few previous times in media history.

In the 2015 anthology First Comes Love: Power Couples, Celebrity Kinship, and Cultural Politics, Vanessa Díaz, an assistant professor of communications at Cal State Fullerton, wrote a chapter analyzing the term “Brangelina” and the practice of combining celebrity couples’ names into one. Díaz, currently a postdoctoral fellow at UCLA, pointed out that most previous notable portmanteaus were either self-created (Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball’s “Desilu” production company, John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s “Lenono Music&rdquo or used by as a term of derision (Bill and Hillary Clinton as “Billary&rdquo. But the “Brangelina” tag arose during an intense period of competition between celebrity tabloids, and it was part of a wave of gimmicky namings that helped feed public fascination with famous couples—but only certain famous couples.

Spencer Kornhaber: As someone who has studied and written about this couple, what was your initial reaction to the breakup?

Vanessa Díaz: A lot of what I’m noticing is the ways that people are reacting emotionally. There are mainstream media titles like, “R.I.P. Brangelina,” which shows that there is a sadness and a sense of loss for this couple as an entity. It wasn’t Brad and Angelina going on in their lives and having a relationship, it was Brangelina, which took on a whole other set of meanings. The end of their relationship is also the end of a lot of the emotional development that people had taken on for them as a couple and as a family.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/09/brangelina-brad-pitt-angelina-jolie-divorce-vanessa-diaz-interview-celebrity-marriage-nicknames/501050/

Discuss
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Sep 22, 2016,
Quote by sashki
Who gets their dozen-or-so kids?

Fuck, if I was smart I'd just dump em all on Angelina and she can open up a Chinese fusion restaurant.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
That's for the courts to decide. Jolie wants sole custody with visitation, Pitt wants shared custody. There's a whole thing about his use of alcohol and marijuana I believe amounting to a claim of detrimental or negligent parenting.

What I'm curious about is why I'm so broken up about this particular celebrity breakup when normally I wouldn't care.
I don't fucking care

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Random3
I think that's her plan given that she is asking for custody of all of them.

Yeah and Brad's plan is to pretend to want custody so he looks good in People and TMZ and then dump them all on her and laugh his ass off.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
That's what she gets for stealing Jen's man like some home-wrecking tractor guy.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
why would you care what happens to these walking barbie dolls
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal

Because I know these people personally okay so my opinion on the matter is super important.

Keep up.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by ErikLensherr
That's what she gets for stealing Jen's man like some home-wrecking tractor guy.

Before Brangelina there was Brennifer. Never forget.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Banjocal

Like I said I don't know but I'm upset for some reason.
I feel personally invested because mini-RAB played with one of their kid's toys once.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

#dicksoutforBrangelina
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
2 super stars get married (both being divorced already haha)
Adopt like a dozen kids
Then proceed to get divorced

lmao
Fuck celebrities and their shit lives
they deserve all the negative attention the media throws their way. I wonder what caused the divorce this time ... Maybe Angelina didn't get that private jet she requested ...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Sep 22, 2016,
k
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Igor Stravinsky

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I don't fucking care

this is how everybody feels when you talk about t swift

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Brads gotta stick together.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Why am I supposed to care
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
See, I might be more sympathetic if arsecancer.com hadn't made a shitload of stupid articles about it already.
Quote by bubba
Yeah and also who's gonna keep the kids?

The respective countries they came from......
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Like I said I don't know but I'm upset for some reason.

They seemed like a genuinely good couple. Not in the Hollywood for the cameras way, but for real. They were together for 12 years, which is pretty much an entire long, happy lifetime together in Hollywood terms, so it sounds like they've genuinely been struggling and just couldn't work it out between them, despite their best efforts (again, 12 years - this isn't a sudden thing, clearly). So it's pretty sad. Plus there's a whole bunch of kids now in a shitty situation.
Quote by ultimate-slash
RAB11
Hey rab, didn't your kid play with one of their toys once?
I believe it was Angelina's 16" black ribbed knobbler.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by ultimate-slash
Don't think it's relevant, but Angelina is probably the first woman whose boobs I googled.

Kids of today will never know such pleasures :')
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Celebrity #1 can no longer deal with Celebrity #2 because they are probably both awful human beings in incompatible ways.

The world halts in mourning.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I bet it's secretly because Brad doesn't like the way Shiloh is.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I'm not going to lose any sleep over this one although I'd rather read about Brangelina than anything about the Kartrashian's or their extended family.

Hang in there Ali it will get easier with time!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Sep 23, 2016,
Quote by BelowTheSun
They seemed like a genuinely good couple. Not in the Hollywood for the cameras way, but for real. They were together for 12 years, which is pretty much an entire long, happy lifetime together in Hollywood terms, so it sounds like they've genuinely been struggling and just couldn't work it out between them, despite their best efforts (again, 12 years - this isn't a sudden thing, clearly). So it's pretty sad. Plus there's a whole bunch of kids now in a shitty situation.

Between all the often isolating requirements of their jobs they stuck it out a decade. raised six kids, and took their careers beyond the "walking barbie dolls" characterization.

Plus to get self-centered for a moment, I grew up with them together. It wasn't so much a power coupling as it was a relationship started at my youth and ended at my adulthood. They were practically mythological.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Sep 23, 2016,
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
Those boobs are gone now too ;_;

gravity is aa bitch right
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
gravity is aa bitch right
Didn't she get them sawn off because cancer?
Quote by Diemon Dave
i have no idea tbh
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Page 1 of 2