I vaguely remember participating in one of these when I was a kid. Everyone got toys except me, I got a key chain. I didn't even own keys lel.
I was sad

The kid whose mom bought the key chain heard some backhanded comments from the daycare ladies. (It wasn't actually a daycare but I don't know the name in English)
As an adult I now feel that what you get isn't important, but it's the intention behind the gift.
Doesn't mean that these types of gift exchanges can't go wrong in funny/sad/awkward ways.

Tell me about your best/worst gift exchange experience.

(I know The Pit does this every year and it seems quite good.)
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Sep 22, 2016,
This is why I never do Secret Santa. I want my gifts to be meaningful. I can't do that if I don't know the person.
Free Ali
everytime we did this for a blowoff class in highschool like heath science or art, i'd always bring the troll gifts like whoopee cushions, and mustache glasses, silly pattern ties, shit like that from the dollar store or party city

like we did the "white elephant" game once and i put an iron man action figure in a hello kitty bag lmaooo and the chick that got it wasn't even mad haha

i think the worst one was a shaving kit, but it was really shitty and cheap quality, i never used it.
my favorite secret santa / white elephant gift was a huge halloween / super sized bag of twix bars!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Sep 22, 2016,
Quote by chrismendiola
This is why I never do Secret Santa. I want my gifts to be meaningful. I can't do that if I don't know the person.

pretty sure when you do Secret Santa that you know the person you're gifting to

my family does a lame version of it where everyone brings a gift and we draw a number and take turns picking a random present. Then we go around again and you can "steal" someone else's present and give them yours. not sure what it's called but there have been a couple times where I had something awesome and then some asshole family stole it from me and gave me their shitty craft store gift card or something
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Sep 22, 2016,
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

Well, for one, that's not always the case (in UG Secret Santa, you don't), and two, I'm talking about getting a person you don't know well enough to give a meaningful present.

EDIT: You even mentioned that your family does a Secret Santa where you don't know who's getting your present. SMH.
Free Ali
k.lainad Your gifts actually sound cool

Quote by MeGaDeth2314
In the story I told we took a piece of paper from a hat, after we had bought the gifts. Someone messed up there :P
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Sep 22, 2016,
I bought a guy in the last office I worked in a flick knife-style comb. I bought my brother one as a novelty gift and just ordered a second to avoid hassle

I got given a desktop bowling set. Sounds better than it is.
My gifts have been great in UGSS.

I got a good pal of mine from here last year, I included:

2 packs of artisan chocolates
Jelly Babies (his favourite sweets)
Welsh flag (which has now displaced the Scottish one in his flat)
A mug I designed myself because we're hoping to open a cafe together in a few years
A painting I did
It's still September, mini.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I like secret santa on ug and the one i did for my workplace last year. you can do meaningful gifts if it's the type where you know who it's for

in ug secret santa you don't get directly told who it is but you are pretty much told
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Sep 23, 2016,
Most places I've done secret Santa the gifts were always stupid and jokey anyway so I didn't care what I got. It was a laugh.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Last secret santa gift I got made my throat and asshole burn for a week

thanks again rab
UG Secret Santa is pretty darn awesome I'm keen for this years
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Bestie got me some neat shit last year

Quote by UltimateGuizar

Thanks BFF santa.

I got some space wars lego (my favorite one with the dark vader)
and a book which explains everything in the world, a card with googly eyes and €50 that was in the envelope of the card!!!
Last year's SS I got a book of random QI facts which was entertaining for a short while. Some people just don't have enough of a personality or display their interests enough that you can get them a decent present. It happens. I like secret Santa though, best present I'd seen someone get was a tiny tiny set of alcohol because they are a lightweight.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Just make sure the gift you buy for exchange is terrible that way you won't feel like you got jacked when you receive your shitty gift.

Also secret santa is the perfect opportunity to re-gift any crappy gifts you have received from friends and family in the past, like a fruitcake or that horrid sweater aunt Gertrude knitted for you amirite?
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Also relevant
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Jesus, get a room already you two
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
I got a giant purple dildo, a foam potato, a blanket and a "world's largest micro dick" coffee mug

All thanks to UG "secret" santa
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Gee what a nice and thoughtful gift from a good friend
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
my extended family used to have these mean spirited gift exchange things at their yearly christmas parties i had to go to when i was younger.

there were all these rules about stealing/swapping gifts and shit.

my grandfather got stuck with a picture frame the one year.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug