I have a marshall jcm 2000 dsl 401 which i bought second hand less than a month ago. all was well until last night, i turned it on, started playing then after about a minute of playing it crackled slightly then completely stopped making noise . The power amp valves can still glow as does the pilot light but when you plug in play, it doesnt work, and its not the leads or pedals. Any suggestions of what it is would/is it fixable/ how much itll cost will be great as im fairly new to guitar gear etc! Cheers in advance
It sounds most like an internal fuse has blown. It is a fairly simple fix but poking around in amps is dangerous. If you are not comfortable working around lethal voltages, please take it to a tech.
Will Lane I agree but what caused the fuse to go? How old are those power tubes? Used = expect to buy new power tubes.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
Will Lane I agree but what caused the fuse to go? How old are those power tubes? Used = expect to buy new power tubes.

+1 a majority of the time fuses blow for a reason. usually good reason.

we need to look into this a little deeper, a replacement for a fuse is not always another fuse.

do the preamp tubes glow too? does the phase inverter light up?

if the filaments are on, its likely an internal HT fuse.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The fuses on the back of it werent broken but ill just take it to a tech. better to be safe than sorry. Cheers guys!