Page 1 of 2
If you listen to sad music do you think it makes you sadder and gets you in a negative mindset or does that really have no effect

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Sep 23, 2016,
no, the opposite is true for me

edit: if i'm already feeling like shit and hating myself i usually opt for something nihilistic to remind me that life is meaningless so that might have something to do with it
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Sep 23, 2016,
nah i listen to negative / emo / blackmetal / etc type of music about death, sorrow, etc all the time
sad music helps me through difficult times, that's my experience
it doesn't make the sadness worse though...

examples

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Sep 23, 2016,
I listen to sad sounds to feel many things

nowadays I got for the wistful kind of sad which is a lot of music really

sometimes I have a crank to sad music
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I've been up spending every late night in my car listening to all these sad songs
I know it sounds weird but they're helping me move past all these things running through my head

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Banjocal
I listen to sad sounds to feel many things

nowadays I got for the wistful kind of sad which is a lot of music really

sometimes I have a crank to sad music

Nothing beats a good crywank
Let's just pretend
everything said
everything we did

was neevvvvverrrrrrr meeeaannnntttttt

Quote by Bladez22
Nothing beats a good crywank
Quote by EndTheRapture51
it makes me more like this

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Bladez22
Yeah but it's a good sad

this. I guess it's because I feel less alone so it's better but i'm still sad.

also I've been on like a 6 month sad music binge fml when will this end?
Yes.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Minkaro
When I'm sad I find songs that are kind of about what I'm sad about so it's like the singer is saying "me too, m8" and I don't feel so alone anymore.
Well, you're in the pit.

So let's cut this short.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Let's just pretend
everything said
everything we did

was neevvvvverrrrrrr meeeaannnntttttt

the best

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Hopeful music makes me die on the inside.

Sad music helps me relax.

When I'm sad, I go from both extremes because catharsis, yo.

Fun fact: All these songs are in the same mode of A# Dorian.

The usual chain:

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Last edited by EpiExplorer at Sep 23, 2016,
I think that any healthy person can end their emotional journey with

this is now a youtube spam thread
Quote by EndTheRapture51
EpiExplorer

all of those songs are orgasmic masterpieces
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Pieces by sum 41 can get me sad a bit
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
all kinds of songs, even if not sad can make me sad if I think long enough about them from back in the days when shit was real and life was good. newer music (last 15+- years) sad or not doesn't make me sad cause I don't really have memories that mean much connected to them.

well, ok adele makes me sad
Sad music used to make me sadder but that was good because being sad about a sad song is better than being sad about a sad life

But these days I don't think it has any impact.
I have nothing important to say
some stuff i can't listen to if my depression is already in full swing. some stuff is cathartic
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Sometimes feeling sad is a comfort in itself. I like listening to sad music when I'm feeling down - it helps in a way.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Depends, some sad stuff is cathartic, whilst others makes me spiral into depressive states.

For example:
Cathartic sadness

Super duper weepy sadness
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Hey guys,

I think there’s something that needs to be explained on our end here. We released a new EP on June 4th titled “Put Yourself Back Together.” There are some references in the songs that mention sleepy eyes and bony knees. There have been some negative comments regarding the amount of times we mention those two things. I want to make this post to explain the detailed meanings of both of those subjects. I assure all of you out there that we would never put something in multiple songs that doesn’t have a great amount of meaning. These songs are my life summed up into some verses and choruses. These songs are my therapy, and that goes for the four other dudes in my band too. So here we go….

Sleepy eyes refers to a time in my life in 2011. I was going through a very messy break up which then lead to a love triangle and that lead me to be depressed. The girl that I was in love with since I was eighteen had found someone else that she grew to love. She told me that she still loved me as well though. This lead to lots of sleepless nights and some weight loss as well. Thirty pounds of weight loss to be exact. Listen to our song “Floorboards” for more details on that whole situation. Well anyway, this situation and some other ones over the past few years have led me to not being able to sleep at night. I had resorted to sleeping pills in 2011 when I was depressed. I also consider myself a night owl in general. I haven’t gone to bed before 2 am in years. But mainly sleepy eyes is something that I think we have all been through in life. It’s about those nights when you’re so overworked and have so much going on that you can’t fall asleep, even if you are physically tired. Not only do I write these songs for my own therapy, but I would hope that some of you could find some peace in them. So of course I’m going to reference this subject multiple times. And that is sleepy eyes.

Bony knees is a subject that pops up in a lot of our songs as well. I will keep it general at first here. I in fact do physically have bony knees. But I will surely say that there is a way deeper meaning behind these bony knees. It kind of all dates back to my depression in 2011. Like I stated before there was some weight loss, which made these knees a little more bony than before. I also found myself physically and mentally down on my knees while going through depression. Even after 2011, after I started feeling better, I would still find myself down and out on my bony knees physically and mentally. We all go through dirt in life and lot of times it makes us fall on our knees for awhile. I can easily say that dirt has put me on my knees more than I want to say. But the beautiful part about falling on your knees is getting back up. And that’s the main point of the bony knees reference. You have to get up in life and move on. We have all been there and we will all be there again. When I write bony knees in a song it reminds me of how I put all of the bullshit behind me and moved on. And that is bony knees.

I just wanted to clear this all up. I don’t want anyone to ever think that we are using this as some sort of gimmick or something. We keep things real and it will always be that way. I hope you can all now find deeper meaning and connection with sleepy eyes and bony knees.

~mint

I don't get sad 'cause I'm not a pussybitch like the average Pit user.

Like this post if you're a Tough Guy.
just messin'...had to say it after the thread
Last edited by mattedbird at Sep 23, 2016,
The song in the OP doesn't seem that sad.

But no. If it's a good song it might get me emotional and melancholic, but in a good enjoyable way, nothing close to put me in a "negative mindset".
Some times if you go out of your way to experience something sad it counter-intuitively makes you more satisfied, and that's cool. It can get kind of addicting ...
Do you mean sad as in lyrical content or just something in a minor key
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Stop stealing my words
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by EndTheRapture51
If you listen to sad music do you think it makes you sadder and gets you in a negative mindset or does that really have no effect

no but listening to this jam is
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by K'Nuckles
Hey fight me cunt I didn't read the thread first

Also nice taste faggot where did you get it from

OH WAIT

fite me cunt I was listening to sad shit before you came along

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are