Hey, everyone! I'm thinking of buying a new electric guitar, I have a budget of about 850$. Personally, I am a metal head and I want to get a guitar that reflects that taste of music. I'm torn between either Jackson or Ibanez (also there is a 7-String PRS SE Custom I came across while looking around which I really liked). What do you guys think? What should I get? (Oh and I'm considering Orange or Blackstar regarding amps.)
probably post this in the electric guitar forum, you'll get more answers.

also a bit more information would be helpful as well. which jackson and ibanez? which orange and blackstar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc Will do. Thank you for responding! These are the models of gear I'm looking for in detail;

Jackson King V KVXMG Floyd Rose
Ibanez Iron Label RGIR20E
Orange Dark Terror
Blackstar HT METAL 1H 1-Watt Tube Head
Do you actually know what exact specs you want or are you just picking random $850 'metal' guitars out of a hat? Being indecisive between a 6 string V with a Floyd, a 6 string superstrat with a Floyd and a 7 string is not very helpful. Please state what you're actually looking for.
Noobs - if you want real 'Which Guitar' help please provide the following:

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Favorite Artists? - Are there any guitarists whose tone that you'd like to get close to?

Preferences? - What body shapes, neck profiles, brands, and number of frets do you like/want?

Pickups? - Do you want actives, passives, humbuckers, single coils? What configuration are you looking for?

New or Used? - Lots of great guitars out there used, and a guaranteed way to get the most bang for your buck.

Location? - Where are you located? The more detail you can give us, the more we can help you. We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly, because prices and markets fluctuate throughout the world, and we can help further if we know what city you are in to see what used gear is available near you (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc).

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

I also don't think either of the amps you've mentioned are very good. Can you go used?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 23, 2016,
T00DEEPBLUE Well, I'll be honest with you I was just picking random $850 'metal' guitars out of a hat, with the exception of the addition of a Floyd Rose. I'll provide the requested information;

-Budget: I've saved ≈850$ (≈760&euro only the purchase of a new guitar. I know I said I was considering a new amp but I just wanted to get some ideas. At the moment I'm focusing solely on a new guitar.

-Favourite Artists: Personally, I am a huge Lamb of God fan. I listen to them on a near daily basis and love their work. Yet I'll have to tell you that I listen to "everything". I can start a day off with B.B King laying down some grooves with "Rock Me Baby" and on the day's end, you can find me headbanging to "Requiem" by Lamb of God. Long story short my taste of music is very flexible yet I'm mainly interested in the metal genre.

-Preferences: I've always had a soft spot for the V-shape body. I would prefer the neck profile to be large like those guitars that Zakk Wylde uses, I got huge hands. Jackson and Ibanez are the brands that I really like. 24 frets would be a necessity for me because I will be dropping the tuning most of the time. So is a Floyd Rose.

-Pickups: Honestly I haven't had too many experiences with active pickups. Actually, I was thinking of going for the EMG 81/85 combo.

-New or Used?: I'm thinking of buying a brand new guitar. Though, I'll be going out to see what 2nd hand dealers have to offer.

-Current Gear: I'm using a LTD EX-360 (snow white) hooked up to a AMPLIFi 75. (The guitar has no mods on it.)

PS. I would actually love to get my hands a Chapman guitar as well :P
Quote by beratzorlu1
T00DEEPBLUE Well, I'll be honest with you I was just picking random $850 'metal' guitars out of a hat, with the exception of the addition of a Floyd Rose. I'll provide the requested information;

-Budget: I've saved ≈850$ (≈760&euro only the purchase of a new guitar. I know I said I was considering a new amp but I just wanted to get some ideas. At the moment I'm focusing solely on a new guitar.

-Favourite Artists: Personally, I am a huge Lamb of God fan. I listen to them on a near daily basis and love their work. Yet I'll have to tell you that I listen to "everything". I can start a day off with B.B King laying down some grooves with "Rock Me Baby" and on the day's end, you can find me headbanging to "Requiem" by Lamb of God. Long story short my taste of music is very flexible yet I'm mainly interested in the metal genre.

-Preferences: I've always had a soft spot for the V-shape body. I would prefer the neck profile to be large like those guitars that Zakk Wylde uses, I got huge hands. Jackson and Ibanez are the brands that I really like. 24 frets would be a necessity for me because I will be dropping the tuning most of the time. So is a Floyd Rose.

-Pickups: Honestly I haven't had too many experiences with active pickups. Actually, I was thinking of going for the EMG 81/85 combo.

-New or Used?: I'm thinking of buying a brand new guitar. Though, I'll be going out to see what 2nd hand dealers have to offer.

-Current Gear: I'm using a LTD EX-360 (snow white) hooked up to a AMPLIFi 75. (The guitar has no mods on it.)

PS. I would actually love to get my hands a Chapman guitar as well :P

Have a look at Mensinger in Poland. They might be able to build you what you want for a decent price.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100

EMG's don't do versatility, which is what I think you'll need. There are plenty of other passive pickups out there that are more versatile than EMG's, yet they're also better pickups for high gain.
Preferences: I've always had a soft spot for the V-shape body. I would prefer the neck profile to be large like those guitars that Zakk Wylde uses, I got huge hands. Jackson and Ibanez are the brands that I really like. 24 frets would be a necessity for me because I will be dropping the tuning most of the time. So is a Floyd Rose.

You have it all backwards. You want a fixed bridge if you want to adjust tunings on any more than a semi-regular basis. At least if you want to do it conveniently. Regularly adjusting the tuning of a guitar that has a Floyd is a major pain in the ass and you'll grow to hate it. The alternative is that you could just block the Floyd. But doing that defeats the point of having a Floyd in the first place. There's very, very little demand for 'metal' guitars with thick necks, so you're going to have a very hard time finding a guitar with one, or accept that you need to make a compromise. The thickest necks you're going to get for a guitar that's styled like a 'metal' guitar is probably Schecter. But their necks aren't exactly fat either, they're average. That's just the way things are.

The EX-360 already comes with EMG's stock...
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Already looked at Chapman Guitars? They make guitars that are great for metal, especially their ML-2's in my opinion. They don't look all that metal but they sound and feel amazing. And NO BOLT ON LESPAULS AND STUFF. Those are neckthrough. They have a norseman which is bolt on. Also great for metal. If you want a bit of a metal look. Go with the Chapman Ghost Fret.
I agree that Chapman guitars are pretty good but most of them don't come with a Floyd-Rose.
They have 2 7 String guitars (ML-7S and ML-7T) but they don't have a FR.
But if you want to change the tuning frequently, you shouldn't have a Floyd Rose anyways.
I'm not that well up on those guitars so I'll let other people tell you about them. t00deepblue is on the money about the floyd, though- an absolute pain for changing tunings, to the extent that a lot of floyd users don't even attempt it and just have multiple guitars (or another hardtail guitar, though bear in mind that big changes in tuning will feel weird as the tension will be way off if you're using the same gauge of strings).

just in case you don't know, the blackstar HT series isn't all-tube, there's a fair bit of solid state stuff going on in there as well. if you care about the all-tube thing, jet city has high gain amps which are genuinely all-tube for a similar price to those blackstars.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I'm not that well up on those guitars so I'll let other people tell you about them. t00deepblue is on the money about the floyd, though- an absolute pain for changing tunings, to the extent that a lot of floyd users don't even attempt it and just have multiple guitars (or another hardtail guitar, though bear in mind that big changes in tuning will feel weird as the tension will be way off if you're using the same gauge of strings).

just in case you don't know, the blackstar HT series isn't all-tube, there's a fair bit of solid state stuff going on in there as well. if you care about the all-tube thing, jet city has high gain amps which are genuinely all-tube for a similar price to those blackstars.

+1.I own four floating trem guitars (ibanez prestiges) for a reason.

+1 on blackstar as well. on a level of principle and tone, i am not a fan of them.

you can get a better bang for your buck.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/