Heya all..ive recently purchased a pair of d'activator x pups for a more than reasonable price..though i havent heard these pups in person (only thru social media) i do have the original d'activators in a guitar and i really like them hence my new purchase..
My question is- which guitar would be best suited to these pups? I own a few handfuls of guitars and i use active and passive pups..is there a wood type including the neck wood that would help give best resonance? Ive collected a great bunch of axes mostly japanese and korean instruments ranging from Cort mgm to rg550 to dean stealth and ml 79 to dbz bird of prey jacksons some nice esp ltd fender stagemaster etc etc any advice welcomed cheers..
btw
Im mostly playing high gain material if that helps \m/
I don't know if there's a particular wood that would be better than others. I know some will argue with me over this, but I don't think electric guitar wood really makes that much of a difference, or at least not a consistent enough difference as to plan around.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
^ Agreed.

I'd just put them in whatever guitar you like the most out of the ones you own.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Put them in whatever you want to play them in. it's just that simple.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I use them with a Gibson Les Paul, because I always wanted a "metal" les paul, but didn't want to do what everybody else does and use emgs (that are active) because that would be a waste of a lp imo... Plus, the DAx's are very bass pickups and can be very clean with the volume down... The result is extremely pleasing
Start making more money weekly. This is a valuable part time work for everyone. The best part work from comfort of your house and get paid from $100-$2k each week.Start today and have your first cash at the end of this week. For more details Check this link……

Click This Link………. http://www.CashPay60.Com
I have no experince with the D'Activator X but I have a pair of D'Activators in my XPT700 and they sound damn good, playing high gain the effect that wood type will have on your tone will be negligable and it's doubtful you will even be able to notice. Load them into a great player and you'll be set.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I can relate! I too own an xpt700 orig release 07 neck thru..and that is exactly where my d'activator experience comes from..im not generally an indo made guutar man..but apart from the strap button positioning theyre incredible guitars..specs very similar to some jap made prestige models (which i stand by) ..im actually literally playing my fender squier stagemaster as we speak and its a close contender over an rg550 and an washburn mg44 atm :/ cheers for your input ?