Hello, I need some help choosing between two guitars.
I don't have a lot of money so my only options are mainly squier and epiphone.
I play punk rock but more specifically the Clash.
The two guitars are a Squier Standard Telecaster and an Epiphone LP 100.
Can anyone help me make this decision, Thank you.
I love Les Pauls but the lower end Epis aren't that good imo.
If I had the choice between those 2, I'd go for the Tele.
However, are you sure that they are that similar priced where you live?
In Germany the Squier Standard Tele is 100 euros more than the Les Paul 100. O.o
For that price you could get a used Epi Les Paul Standard if that's what you prefer.
Quote by juvion
I love Les Pauls but the lower end Epis aren't that good imo.
If I had the choice between those 2, I'd go for the Tele.
However, are you sure that they are that similar priced where you live?
In Germany the Squier Standard Tele is 100 euros more than the Les Paul 100. O.o
For that price you could get a used Epi Les Paul Standard if that's what you prefer.

Thank you, it's £240 for a squier standard telecaster in England and £220 for an epi lp 100 and £350 for an epiphone les paul standard so thats a bit out of my price range, thank you for your response
Between the two, definitely the Squier. If you can shop used, consider Squier's Vintage Modified and Classic Vibe series, or Epiphones around or above the price point of the G-400. Or lots of other things, but those are the points at which each of the brands you named (which are certainly solid choices) starts to produce impressive stuff.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Cm7acial
For that money I would buy used.

Also check Harley Bentons, I got one of these and it's pretty nice. Definitely better than any cheap LP100 I've tried: https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_sc_450plus_vb_vintage_series.htm

+1 for buying used more bang for your buck!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge