So I've had my V300s for a few month now and my G string has became to sound awful.. It sounds different to the rest of the strings, like.. It highly stands out.. So I was wondering if any of you could recommend a specific brand for this guitar

I like to play multiple genres
My chemical romance
Greenday
Oasis..that kinda stuff

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Quote by kyle2kxx
BBBBBBB!! B string sorry, not G

Do you stretch the string often? How often do you tune it?

I've had the same strings on one of my acoustics, which I play all the time, for 10 months. Elixirs. The guitar sounded a bit like a Taylor when I first got it, now it sounds more like a Martin, lol. The bass strings are still going strong, but I miss that brightness a little.
I tune whenever it goes out of tune, and I dunno it sounds, loud but.. I really don't know, it's like a excessively loud but dead and awful.. I would usually go with elixir but they make it sound kinda tinny, unless that's just while new?
TobusRexI tune whenever it goes out of tune, and I dunno it sounds, loud but.. I really don't know, it's like a excessively loud but dead and awful.. I would usually go with elixir but they make it sound kinda tinny, unless that's just while new?
Elixirs are pretty bright sounding when new. I like that sound, actually, that sparkling brilliance. Over time the strings lose their brilliance. As I said, my axe sounds more like a Martin now than a Taylor (it's neither, btw). I like the way it sounds now...but in a different way.