i have a S.U.B Ray 4 going into an acoustic b200 mk2 200w bass amp I'm trying to get a metalcore tone like of mice and men and I see stars any suggestions on what settings?
Without having heard those bands:

Set your mids back to about nine o'clock and boost your treble up to about two or three. Use a pick.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
TreaganBass7 Just try getting a guitar pedal. My friend plays bass and he uses guitar amps and such for his tone and for some reason it sounds great. If you have an iPhone and about $200 to spend on one try the Hotone Xtomp. Or, you can get the PositiveGrid BIAS app and an iRig and have a few new amps that might be able to fit your sound better.
Guitar strings are $8.50 a pack and that's just too much for me.
That has nothing to do with getting a good bass tone. If you play bass through a guitar amp it's easily possible to blow the speaker. Guitar cabinets have low bass response. That being said, I've heard great tones from bass played through guitar amps, just not at high volumes or in a band setting. You could easily get a good bass tone through a bass amp as you can through a guitar amp.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat