So. I want to focus more on singing.

Im 22 years old. I've played guitar and learnt music theory on and off since i was around 10.

Now I want to focus more or less entirely on singing.

I just don't like my voice. i hit quiet low notes so I think i might be bass - which frustrates me because i want to sing around the C4 mark rather that the c3 mark.

Here are two quick recordings I made just now on my cigarette break. Is the higher singing falsetto/head voice? Or is it just a really weak
chest voice? Am I even really singing at this point?

thanks

Sorry video sucks - it was just a quick thing really and my storage ran out for 2nd clip.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sN_9PYsm24aDBDeWFjZUE4NTg/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sN_9PYsm24LUZDNjFNUUZnM00/view

any 'feedback' is helpful!
These vids are poor quality, you were most likely afraid to sing louder, and that's where it gets tricky.

But if you ask me, you use too much air in the first vid, it's a falsetto without any doubt.
And in the second - you don't really sound like a bass/bass-bari voice... But can't guess anything more based on what you posted here :p

And hitting low notes doesn't make you a bass voice. It might, but not necessarily have to. I can hit low notes pretty much like a regular baritone, which I am definately not. And there are many other examples in music industry.

Post something better and I'll gladly take a shot on your voice. But as I stated, I am new to this thingie.
Quote by CrossX32
These vids are poor quality, you were most likely afraid to sing louder, and that's where it gets tricky.

But if you ask me, you use too much air in the first vid, it's a falsetto without any doubt.
And in the second - you don't really sound like a bass/bass-bari voice... But can't guess anything more based on what you posted here :p

And hitting low notes doesn't make you a bass voice. It might, but not necessarily have to. I can hit low notes pretty much like a regular baritone, which I am definately not. And there are many other examples in music industry.

Post something better and I'll gladly take a shot on your voice. But as I stated, I am new to this thingie.

Take a look at Glenn Hughes! He's a high tenor and he goes down to D2 o.O
Colja123
So is Adam Lambert and Adam Levine, what does that change? it's all about the technique...