Hey i write this post because i have big doubt i have a marshall mg15fx and i wanna buy a new pedal, i have a multieffects pedal but its a zoom and i know it isnt very good cuz its electronic, so i dont know what pedal buy to achieve sounds like metallica,iron maiden and be kind of versatile to do the offsprings and rise against.
I was thinkin about
boss ds1
boss mt2
or an mxr one(dunno much about that brand)
thx for your time
i want spend around 100 dollars
Ive got a fender, ibanez and a esp ltd ex 50 if that helps
Sell your zoom and mg, save your money up and get a better amp. You won't get satisfying results with what you have now.

That being said, the most versatile thing you can use is probably that zoom pedal so if you really need a ton of different sounds, just mess with that and your amp for now until you can get something better.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Well with a MX15 you're really not going to get those killer tones you're looking for. My advise is buy a used pedal that seems ok to you and just bear with it.

there's no real way to achieve those killer tones without buying similar gear. and cheap practice amps are never going to give you the same feel as using a tube amp playing at volume.

It's all about being realistic with your expectations based on your gear.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
DirtFarmer what pedal should i but if i focus just in metal metallica morelike?
It's not the brand that makes an amp good, its what the amp is made out of. Most brands offer cheap practice amps, like the one you have. If you bought a Marshall JCM 800 you would instantly understand the difference between a 1000$ amp and a 100$ amp.

Just google "best metal pedals 2016". then watch some youtube videos on them. Try to find unbiased reviews and pick one you like.
If I was to suggest an amp I would need a budget first. Here is some ideas

Cheap practice amp
Peavey Vyper 2

entry level tube amp
JetCity JCA20 head with 2x12 cab

progear
the sky's the limit, go with what appeals to you.
Quote by DEATHARTIK
H4T3BR33D3R i thought that marshall was decent, what amp do you suggest?

Marshall makes a lot of amps. Not all of them are decent. Same goes with any brand and with any other sort of product out there.

Well, what would be your total budget, your location, the kinds of sounds you want out of it and if you're willing to buy new or used?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R to be honest was not looking to by an amp i live in Peru where stuff is kind of expensive but if you were me what pedal would you buy to get a nice metal sound like metallica,
I will consider buying a new amp but not so soon
Thanks for your adivce!
I wouldn't get a pedal because with your amp you won't sound like Metallica no matter how much money you spend on a pedal. So if you want to waste your money, you can get a pedal. Most of the demos you hear on Youtube are recorded with nice quality gear and that will have an affect on the overall sound. Chances are you'd listen to a nice demo of a metal pedal played through a nice amp, you'll think it will sound the same on your small amp and then be disappointed when you can't replicate the tones you found on the video.

If you're really insistent on not getting a new amp then I would suggest looking into maybe computer emulation if you have a decent enough computer. You can get good results for quite cheap if you are strictly looking to play at home.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R never thought of that you are right bro, can you recommend me some good amps for a low budget, i live in Peru this stuff is pretty expensive.
Do you have any major music stores in Peru? I'm not really familiar with what you have down there but if you can maybe list some stores we can help.

Maybe a few Peru users will chime in as well. It really depends on your budget etc...
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Putting any overdrive/distortion pedal in front of that amp will not be good, it would be a waste of your money. The amp has its best potential for the kind of sound you are looking for, by itself. Adding anything to it will likely not yield better results. It will sound most like Metallica without a distortion/overdrive pedal.
Btw idk if this helps or just reaffirm what you guys are saying but my amp is a MG15FX not a simple MG 15,
H4T3BR33D3R Thhere are some but what about cort amps ive seen some of them in my country, the are some major stores but they way expensive i rather buy on other places in here where they dont have websites
Quote by DEATHARTIK
Btw idk if this helps or just reaffirm what you guys are saying but my amp is a MG15FX not a simple MG 15,

Doesnt really change things.

Quote by DEATHARTIK
H4T3BR33D3R Thhere are some but what about cort amps ive seen some of them in my country, the are some major stores but they way expensive i rather buy on other places in here where they dont have websites

Not any better than what you have now. Probably worse tbh.

Are you comfortable ordering things online?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R good just wanted to confirm that can you give me tell me some brands of amps so i could check them out in my country idk very much about amps brands i know a few fender, cort, marshall, would appreciate if you tell me some around 250 $
Quote by DEATHARTIK
H4T3BR33D3R good just wanted to confirm that can you give me tell me some brands of amps so i could check them out in my country idk very much about amps brands i know a few fender, cort, marshall, would appreciate if you tell me some around 250 $

What are you looking to do? Are you strictly planning on playing at home or do you have plans to play live in the future or jam with friends? If you're just at home there are a few options I would suggest but if you need to be able to play live it might be a little bit tricky.

If it would be possible to get something like a Peavey Vypyr or a Vox Valvetronix within your budget it might be a bit of an upgrade in that price range but you would be able to get better if you can save a bit longer and purchase something a bit better. I understand that isn't possible sometimes so that is fair enough.

What I would suggest if you are not playing live or with other people is maybe look into using a computer program as an amp if you have a relatively new computer that can run the software.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R you are right i plan playing at home, im not big fan of computer softwares so what vox or peavey vypr should i look forward to?
Why are you not a fan? Do you have an actual reason?

They sound better than both of those amps IMO.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R i just prefer an amp, my laptop isnt that good for those softwares
and btw are laney amps any good?
Not a single Laney in your budget would be good.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R then tell me how much should i invest for a decent cheap amp and what amp do you suggest
thx for advices
Quote by DEATHARTIK
H4T3BR33D3R then tell me how much should i invest for a decent cheap amp and what amp do you suggest
thx for advices

It's really tough because I don't know what's near you or what is available for you to purchase locally. If I was going to buy online and I wanted something versatile (as in you want an amp that can cover a wide variety of styles) and I was just playing at home, something like a used Peavey Vypyr 30 would be what I would be looking for personally. They probably sell for a bit more than your budget but they are really good considering the price. If you can't find one locally you will have to pay for shipping etc... so keep that in mind.

If I was only playing metal, I could buy online and I had a tight budget, I would probably be looking at something like the Randall Diavlo or maybe a Peavey 6505 combo (both would probably be closer to double your budget right now) series depending on the kind of metal you like. Maybe even something like a Jet City amp if you don't need it too heavy all the time.

If I couldn't buy things online, nobody had anything locally and I was just playing at home, I would invest in an interface so I can plug my computer into a computer and download amps that way.

Best case scenario is to just play with what you have now and see if you can get a sound you can deal with.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
willl try to get eh peavey thx for the help
Last edited by DEATHARTIK at Sep 26, 2016,
I havent tried the newer Vypyr VIP so I dont really know the difference. Im sure somebody here has played both though.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by DEATHARTIK
H4T3BR33D3R to finish this thread off is this peavey good?
I read that is for bass and acoustic guitars is there a problem with that?
https://www.amazon.com/Peavey-Vypyr-VIP-Instrument-Amplifier/dp/B00B5OY8EE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1474921547&sr=8-2&keywords=peavey+amp+30

that will work far better for what you want than your original idea. go for it. the VIP series is capable of being used for a bass or acoustic amp as well as guitar which is one of it's selling points. the amp models are pretty good and you will get far closer to Metallica than you could with your MG. keep in mind that when I say closer that you still won't nail it but since they use far more expensive gear that is to be expected.