Not really related to guitar stuff at all, but I figure this would be the best place to ask.

A while back I bought a Raspberry Pi to run emulators of NES, SNES, 64, Playstation, etc. and had to buy a buy a micro USB power supply rated at 5V 2A. I wasn't really paying attention to the length when I ordered it and it's 3 feet long, which is fine for most circumstances, but when hooking it up to a TV with the socket fairly far away it's not quite cutting it. I've got an old micro USB to USB type A cable that the micro usb end is screwed up on and was thinking about cutting off both ends splicing it in to make it 6 feet long.

The thing is I'm wondering if having the cable 6 feet long instead of 3 will cause a significant voltage drop or any other problems? I see that there are 6 foot micro usb power supplies available to purchase, but I was wondering if the length of the cable is taken into account on the power ratings, or if 3 feet vs 6 feet is insignificant? I'm assuming it'll be fine, but wanted to double check before I get to cutting and soldering cables and end up having to put it back the way it was and end up with and ugly mess for no reason.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Sep 26, 2016,