hi there
i want buy a amp for practice ( heave metal and maybe solo guitar ) which is better ? VOX VT40X or Marshal MG50CFX or Peavey Vip 1
I can't comment on the Marshal or Peavey but I own two VOX VT30 amps. I use one to gig (mic'd through the PA in larger rooms ) and one at home (also a backup to my gig amp). I love them. Lots of power and amp sims. This amp also works well with outboard effects pedals. Just my two cents worth of opinion.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Peavey destroys all of them for metal. But please get one with at least a 12" speaker.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Can't comment on the Peavey but I spent a few years with a Marshall MG and I've played Valvetronixes a fair bit in my time and in my view it's no contest - the Vox is a much better sounding amp. The Peavey could be still better though, for all I know.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Vox is more suited to classic rock & blues etc. It'll do metal, but not as well as the Peavey.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
The VOX VTX series have models of JVM, Mesa, Soldano, Bogner, EVH 5150, Orange Rockerverb and Diezel.

It most definitely can do metal pretty good.

Peavey are good too. Just check some online videos or try them at the store and choose the one that sounds better to you.
Quote by broken-spades
Thanks my friends . is vox amp good for heavy metal ? Vox vt40x has how much effect ??

I'd personally skip the Vox and jump straight on the Peavey Vypyr. The 6505 model that amp has is as good as it gets for a budget modeler, which makes sense since the 6505 is in itself a Peavey amp. If you want a tight modern metal tone, it's a no-brainer. Technically it isn't really a digital modeling amp either; the section of the amp that does the signal processing for the amp models is analog.

However I strongly advise to get a Vypyr with a 12" speaker at the very least. Smaller speakers have a lot less low end and with the sort of sound you're going for, strong, tight bass is precisely what you want.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 27, 2016,