I'm buying my first guitar but I can't decide between HSS GIO Ibanez guitars and HSS Squier Bullet.
I plan to use single coils a bit more often than the humbuck and not to use whamy bar at all. I'm a girl so it makes a big difference to me how heavy the guitar is, how it's shaped and how does the neck fit.
Ibanez would cost me more (at least in my country), but they look great and I was told I should really like how my giutar looks. I'm planing to buy a mini Fender amp because I'm planning to practice mostly with my headphones on.
Thank you in advance
Quote by Knjigofilka
I'm buying my first guitar but I can't decide between HSS GIO Ibanez guitars and HSS Squier Bullet.
I plan to use single coils a bit more often than the humbuck and not to use whamy bar at all. I'm a girl so it makes a big difference to me how heavy the guitar is, how it's shaped and how does the neck fit.
Ibanez would cost me more (at least in my country), but they look great and I was told I should really like how my giutar looks. I'm planing to buy a mini Fender amp because I'm planning to practice mostly with my headphones on.
Thank you in advance

buy a used Squier Affinity series or better. don't know much about Gio except it's Ibanez's bottom of the barrel series. if you are going to play thru headphones then a multi-fx unit with amp models may be a better choice (digitech RP series of Boss)
I'd go for a Squier, especially if you want to use Singlecoils. Neither Squiers nor GIO Ibanez are very heavy (or at least the ones I've played).
Do you have the possibility to play the guitar before you buy it ?
Also, what's your budget and country? There may be a bundle that is cheaper than buying everything individually.
Last edited by juvion at Sep 26, 2016,
All of the GIO's I have seen were turds, I'd look into buying used if that is an option in your area you will get more bang for your buck!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge