I am searching for a new guitar and I am interested in those 2 models.. I am from Greece so I can only try out the Jackson (which I have, and it was pretty good) but everyone seems to be thrilled with the charvel . Generally i am searching for a guitar that is a good shredding machine, suitable for metal (thrash, death and also new wave heavy). My main concern with the charvel is the higher fret access because it has 22 frets while the jackson has 24. Quality wise I am pretty sure the guitars are very much alike as they are made in the same factory, although nobody seems that thrilled with the dinky. What is your thoughts?
i actually tried both of them last week, both MIM, right next to eachother on the rack.

i have owned three MIJ jacksons, and i may slightly favor the MIJ guitars, but the MIM have a much nicer neck heels.

they were so similar spec wise, its almost stupid. lol. the only notable feature is the pickups. both sound good, but i may favor the jackson's JB's (preference), and also if you want to get some single coil tones, the jackson has a 5 way switch. charvel doesn't split. but that wouldn't be a very big factor for me personally.

necks were pretty similar from what i remember as well.

i would choose what one looks better to you, or flip a coin, they are both nice guitars.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You are a life saver :p Did you notice any difference in the high fret access? (btw the 2016 charvel splits actually , it's a new feature)
Quote by sotiriskin
You are a life saver :p Did you notice any difference in the high fret access? (btw the 2016 charvel splits actually , it's a new feature)

i am glad i can be of help. lol.

i honestly don't remember, i have played a lot of guitars. i remember the three bolt neck joint being really nice to get up there.

FWIW i am used to bending the 22nd fret on a blocky strat or LP, so i don't seem to be as sensitive to reach as some people are.
____

i really don't think you could do wrong.

if it were mine, i prefer maple fretboards. that would be my choice.*

*you can also get the jackson with a maple neck too but maybe not the same color body finish DK2M if i am remembering correctly.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
You can't go wrong with either of them. Choose whichever one you like more.

I haven't come across a single one of the MIM Pro Dinky owners that had anything objectively bad to say about them.

Though I do love the old MIJ's.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 27, 2016,
I don't know, I own a Gibson Les Paul and what I can play on the 20-22 frets is really limited(of course the LP has a shorter neck that means smaller frets and I have relatively big fingers so that may be part of the problem).
Quote by sotiriskin
I don't know, I own a Gibson Les Paul and what I can play on the 20-22 frets is really limited(of course the LP has a shorter neck that means smaller frets and I have relatively big fingers so that may be part of the problem).

neither of them are even remotely similar to the Jackson and charvel.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!