So I bought focusrite 2i4 and a k240 AKG headset but when I plug it all in I dont get any sounds? I hear sounds with my other (shit)headset , anyone know the problem? Are the lights for USB suppose to light green?
Are you saying when you plug it in to your computer no light comes on on the Focusrite? If that's what you're saying you need to return it. If a light comes on but you're not getting any sound:

Make sure you have an instrument plugged into one of the inputs on the front panel
Make sure the volume knob on your instrument is turned up
Make sure the gain knob for that input is turned up enough so the ring around the gain knob lights up green
Make sure the little black 'direct monitor' knob to the left of the big silver 'monitor' knob is turned at least half way to the left
Make sure the headphones are plugged in to the jack socket on the very right of the front panel
Make sure the little silver knob above the headphone socket is turned up somewhat
Make sure the 'headphone source' switch is switched to 1-2 instead of 3-4

Hope this helps, you'd be surprised how often I forget every one of those steps.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Sep 27, 2016,
Quote by korinaflyingv
Are you saying when you plug it in to your computer no light comes on on the Focusrite? If that's what you're saying you need to return it. If a light comes on but you're not getting any sound:

Make sure you have an instrument plugged into one of the inputs on the front panel
Make sure the volume knob on your instrument is turned up
Make sure the gain knob for that input is turned up enough so the ring around the gain knob lights up green
Make sure the little black 'direct monitor' knob to the left of the big silver 'monitor' knob is turned at least half way to the left
Make sure the headphones are plugged in to the jack socket on the very right of the front panel
Make sure the little silver knob above the headphone socket is turned up somewhat
Make sure the 'headphone source' switch is switched to 1-2 instead of 3-4

Hope this helps, you'd be surprised how often I forget every one of those steps.
There is 1 option I didnt try, have to see tomorrow thx. and the light goes on for 1 second then turns off.
Last edited by anderssen at Sep 27, 2016,
What program are you trying to use with your Scarlett?
Who needs shred when you've got rhythm guitar? :^)
Guitars:
Jackson King V (With a Wilde L500XL in the bridge)
Ibanez Iron Label RGIX27FEQM (7-string)
Quote by anderssen
I hear sounds from BIAS Fx in the old headset.

Is that with your headset plugged into the focusrite?

EDIT:
The light should stay on. I guess it could be a driver issue (I don't really know anything about that sort of thing), but as far as I remember mine still lit up before I'd installed the drivers. It's most likely faulty, so you should return it.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Sep 28, 2016,
Quote by korinaflyingv
Is that with your headset plugged into the focusrite?

EDIT:
The light should stay on. I guess it could be a driver issue (I don't really know anything about that sort of thing), but as far as I remember mine still lit up before I'd installed the drivers. It's most likely faulty, so you should return it.
No only plugged into my computer.
Quote by adexder
What program are you trying to use with your Scarlett?
BIAS Fx
Oh wait there are lights around the gain knobs also? they dont light up either. The only lights I get is when I click the pad buttons and "48V"
Quote by korinaflyingv
That's weird that the USB light doesn't light up but the pad lights do. You should return it. I think I've heard about quality control issues with the 2i4 before, so may be worth getting a different interface. Mine works fine though.
Maybe it can we something wrong with my USB drivers? It says failed when I put it in, I have tried alot of USB outputs.
omg it worked now. Very strange sounds though, I only get a buzzing sound and sometimes it just loses all sound and gets clean.
Last edited by anderssen at Sep 29, 2016,
Well now I know why it happaned, Its because I have the demo version, anyways... I still feel like I dont here all my notes I play? Is the premium version better? What do I know, im just a noob who just bought this focusrite 2 weeks ago. I can hear the difference beetween all toneclouds I try but it feels like something is missing. That little extra boost. Maybe a new guitar since I only have a Fender hahaha.

Clean sounds okay.
Last edited by anderssen at Sep 30, 2016,
Can it really have to do something with ohms? my headset is 55 and it says focusrite headset output has 10