Hello well some of you help me realized i needed a new amp so i could get a better sound using pedals. Right now i have Marshall MG15FX, ive been recommended a peavey but in my country Peru its kind of hard to get but still think i can get it from amazon, but my i ve been searcihng on the web and don know what is better fo rme, a fender mustang II or Peavey vip 2, ive read taht peavey has bad cleans, but good gains and fender the opossite. I like playing metal like Metallica, iron maide, megadeth but also Some rock like Sum 41, rise against,the offspring.
Hope you guys can help me decide (those options are cuz of my budget arround 200 dolars)
the Peavey will do better with metal tones. the Fender is a nice amp but it's more geared toward tones that fender amps do better (which ain't metal)
monwobobbo not even rock like the bands i mentioned before? i playi like 50% metal and the other half that kind of rock
Quote by DEATHARTIK
monwobobbo not even rock like the bands i mentioned before? i playi like 50% metal and the other half that kind of rock

both amp will do many tones it's just a matter of one doing certain things better than the other. the Peavey can do way more than metal it just happens that that is what it does best. the Fender can do metal tones its just not what it's best at. the clean tones on the Peavey are acceptable and honestly not much different than the Fender. yes the Fender has more clean to light distortion options but unless you are going for say country sounds or the like then the Peavey will be fine.

keep in mind that neither amp is going to sound just like the amps it models. they are lower end amps when all is said and done. I still think the Peavey will do better for you.
The Peavey still does a pretty good modeling their own amps, which means you get a couple models that will work great for rock or 80s metal from the boosted/red channel classic 50 or butcher (peavey's take on the early JCM 800s??). And then you want more modern metal tones, you have the 6505, 6534 and XXX models.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
For the stuff you want to play I would definitely go with the Vypyr
monwobobbo Bro ive found in my country a blackstar HTR1 is that worth buying or just stick to the peavey (but that would have to be bought by amazon hope it ships to peru)
Quote by DEATHARTIK
monwobobbo Bro ive found in my country a blackstar HTR1 is that worth buying or just stick to the peavey (but that would have to be bought by amazon hope it ships to peru)

stick with the Peavey. the htr1 is a super basic amp and will need a fair bit of help to do what you want.
hey I own a Fender Mustang, so I speak for the Mustang.

It get hard rock / alternative rock / punkish tones pretty well with orange / marshalls / vox simulations.
I use it mostly with those tones and it is killing.
Other tones it takes very very good are the cleans / bluesy tones with fender simulation (of course).
For metal (I'd say classic metal / heavy rock based on bands you pointed out) I think you get out something very good and with variety of tones.
If you're looking for modern metal I'd say that the peavey simulation is good while the Mesa isn't so much..
So, with modern metal I think you will face lack of variety and tones. The two you get are good, but are only two.
I tried both a Fender Mustang II, and I own a III. Both the v2 versions. I liked the metal tones on the II better, not sure why it just seemed tighter. The III, even with the amp models, definitely sounded more like a Fender amp. Running direct gives you more flexibility to get away from the stock speaker tone.