I have a Schecter C-1 E/A that came stock with Duncan Designed HB-102s. These pickups just aren't cutting it anymore. I've heard that the Seymour Duncan equivalents are a SH-4 JB bridge and SH-2N Jazz neck. However, I play a lot of progressive metal, power metal, and sometimes stuff people would call djent. Should I just go all out and get some BKPs. Which ones? Are those sorts of high output pickups silly on a semi-hollowbody? I love everything else about the guitar, but it's time to upgrade those pickups.
The JB/Jazz combo may be the most common passive pickup configuration in mass-produced guitars aimed at the metal market. Hard to go wrong with it.

What kind of budget do you have? What does the rest of your rig look like? (A pickup swap is about fine tuning your sound once your amp requirements are sorted out.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz I'm playing out of a 100W Mesa/Boogie tube combo most of the time, but I'm often plugging directly into my computer and using an amp modeler for recording. I'd like to keep this under $500.
So basically, it seems you've got a genre appropriate amp- and a good one to boot- and a pickup budget big enough to buy a whole used guitar.

I like a challenge.

Basically, the world's your oyster. Still, while you can get high output pickups for a hollow or semihollow, it may be asking for trouble at high volume. I probably wouldn't go hotter than a medium high output pickup in a hollow/semi unless I REALLY knew what I was doing.

That said, Bareknuckle doesn't just make high-output pups. I just bought some of their Nantucket P90s- just slightly higher output than their classically voiced Mississippi Queen P90s. Rio Grande, Tesla and RailHammer would also have some good options,

In my experience, contacting the companies is a good idea- they're happy to recommend products to fit your needs,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
JB/JM is a good choice for metal also consider DiMarzio D'Activators they sound great for metal and pack a tight punch similar to actives.

Also worthy of consideration is the Wilde L500XL by the late but legendary Bill Lawrence. Wilde pickups do not actively market their products they are sold factory direct for killer low prices and L500XL runs about $60 and is a great pickup for metal.

As Danny said there is no lack of metal picks on the market Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers, Duncan Black Winter or Nazgul/sSentient sets etc.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge