Well title says it all...

I just need to know alittle bit more about the neck compared to an epiphone sg / gibson sg
Music Man actually made the Wolfgang for eddie for a while before he moved on. it's basically the same guitar. are you talking an actual MM or a Sterling version? nice guitars . neck really isn't very similar to an SG if that is important to you.
Depending on the SG the neck may be thinner or thicker (I'd think), but it's almost certainly more narrow.

Really the neck is going to be pretty radically different.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Haven't owned a SG, so can't compare. Own an Axis and the neck feels absolutely amazing. I wish all of my guitars used the same neck finish as my EBMMs (and wolfgangs), gun stock oil and wax only! And the Axis definitely has a relatively narrow neck.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
So i actually own a telecaster and found out that it was way easier to play on a gibson les paul or sg due to its neck.

How will it compare to the music man..
What Telecaster? What Les Paul? What SG? There are a lot of different necks out there even for a given guitar model. For instance, a Telecaster can have a thicker neck, and thinner neck, a smaller radius or a larger one, it can have a V profile (and different types of that!), a C profile.... It is really hard to say how you will like the EBMM compared to the others without knowing what exact models you tried. These differences aren't trivial.

FWIW, if you really enjoy the string spacing on an SG/LP, then you will most likely struggle with the EBMM, because it is much more narrow.
^ Yeah exactly. A vintage spec tele will be similar in nut width to a musicman (though will also feel a fair bit different due to the asymmetric profile on the axis and the bigger radius).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Damn, why do you guitarist like to talk about specific models so much ??!!! Btw, its just an american standard telecaster..

Can;t you just answer in general ? I mean my experience with a telecaster deluxe and my american standard telecaster (from a neck point of view) Feels just the same.

A gibson sg special and an epihone g400 necks also feels the same..

Just answer in general please..... I get how some models are slightly different but if i ask you, how does a telecaster sound to a les paul, do you really have to ask which telecaster / les paul ?? Can't you just answer in general like : Oh a les paul normally have a fatter sound compared to a telecaster..

Easy right ?
Quote by 477mika1
Damn, why do you guitarist like to talk about specific models so much ??!!! Btw, its just an american standard telecaster..

Can;t you just answer in general ? I mean my experience with a telecaster deluxe and my american standard telecaster (from a neck point of view) Feels just the same.

Just answer in general please..... I get how some models are slightly different but if i ask you, how does a telecaster sound to a les paul, do you really have to ask which telecaster / les paul ?? Can't you just answer in general like : Oh a les paul normally have a fatter sound compared to a telecaster..

Easy right ?

No, it totally isn't. the neck on, say, an american standard telecaster is totally different from the neck on, say, an AVRI '52 model. The nut width is different, the radius is different, the fret size is different, the number of frets is different, the neck thickness is different, the neck profile is different. There are so many differences there that a neck from a totally different guitar will likely be closer to, say, the american standard tele neck than the AVRI neck will.

I get your point that you can overcomplicate things, because you totally can, but this isn't one of them. You can also totally oversimplify, and if you do that you're going to get totally unhelpful and likely outright incorrect answers, which is the case here. I also note that the intial question you asked was pretty specific. You were the one who initially asked about a very specific guitar model, after all.

If you mean an american deluxe tele then the USA standard and USA deluxe necks are going to feel broadly similar (apart from the compound radius). if you mean a MIM deluxe then they're a bit different from the USA standard telecaster, but still not as different as some other models, the only big difference there is the nut width. By sheer fluke, in other words, you managed to pick two teles which had quite similar necks and have now decided that all tele necks are the same. That's not the case at all. As I said above you could probably pick a tele with a neck closer to the MusicMan Axis neck than to a different Tele model.

FWIW as I said the axis will have a narrower nut width than the USA standard telecaster. It also has an asymmetric neck profile.

EDIT: also that analogy you mentioned with regard to the Les Paul versus a tele is faulty, if you ask me. Just because it might be true in that case doesn't necessarily mean it's true in a different case (plus there's a pretty wide variation in Les Paul models, ones with P90s and minihums etc. which will affect the tone a lot, and some teles have humbuckers).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 30, 2016,
Quote by 477mika1

Easy right ?

well dude this is a guitar board so no big shock we like to talk about guitars. DAVE MC has pretty much nailed it. a 61 SG neck is very different from the later 70s necks so we couldn't say oh yeah just like an SG etc. your tele has a fender modern C neck which isn't all that much like Wolfgang. you asked a fairly specific ? so no reason to get flustered by more specific answers.
Suffice it to say, I'm going to say that the Music Man will be closer to the Tele than the SG, and thus I don't know that you'll like it too much... Of course who knows, it could have just the right combo of elements.
^ yeah i think, if push comes to shove, i'd say the tele neck will probably be closer to the musicman, but it does depend on which your fingers notice more. i tend to notice nut width more than scale length, but i know other players are the opposite (and some will notice neither, and some may notice both).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by 477mika1

Easy right ?

If you're going to ask for help or advice, don't be a fucking cunt when we ask you for more details so we can help you better. Sometimes we need more information because one model of telecaster can feel identical to one model of SG, but another model of tele can feel completely different than any SG.

An Axis/Wolfgang is going to feel closer to your strat Strat than your Tele, and not much at all like an SG Special.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Acϵ♠ at Oct 3, 2016,
^ yeah we're not asking for more info to be annoying, we're asking for more info so we can help better, because we genuinely want to get you the best info so you can make an informed decision.

it's also worth bearing in mind that anyone who professes to be able to help without much background info to what you want is likely full of it, because it's pretty hard to give an accurate answer without knowing some pertinent background info. you need to be careful that someone who's ostensibly being nice isn't just telling you what you want to hear i.e. pandering.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Acϵ♠
Gosh even i tried a special ltd and its almost the same as the 61.. Anyways i tried the axis music man already and it feels like an epiphone sg 400 but just a bit fat.

So I went to this huge guitar shop somewhere in forest park and tried alot of SG's and tele and let me tell you, almost all the sg models feel diffrent than a tele. Why the hell do you need to know specifically which model the sg is ?! They are way easier to play than some of the telecaster i own.

Anyways I'm only asking about necks if your talking about sound then i may need specific models..

Thankyou very much
Okay so apparently you just don't value the differences in between necks at all, which is fine, for some people it's not a big deal (I'm one of those), but it is important to understand that there are lots of differences between necks, even if you aren't attuned to them.
If you cannot tell the differences between them, then that isn't reflective of the guitars, that's reflective on your lack of being able to appreciate the differences.

You're asking a forum of enthusiasts about the differences between one guitar and the other. What did you expect? We aim to recommend guitars that are specific to a person's needs and the more specific those needs are, the more likely the one people recommend will be the correct one for them. Since there's so many different models of Telecaster, SG, Wolfgang etc. it's no good to be vague. Otherwise people will just recommend dozens of Telecasters which isn't helpful when you're considering buying just one.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 6, 2016,
^ yeah pretty much. if you don't notice the differences that's fair enough. or maybe you notice the scale length more than the other differences, which is also fair enough- i'm kind of the opposite, i don't notice the scale length so much but i feel the other neck profile differences much more keenly.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jee .. ..Tele's neck and body doesn't change that much over the years..... Anyways if the feel of one guitar is slightly different to the other guitar than its not a big deal.. So you don't have to be specific at all. Maybe you could just ask what year not the specific model..

If its sound you're interested in than yes lets talk models, but I'm only asking about the neck why do you need to make things complicated ???

Please,, I know you are all guitar Gods or whatever but please know your topic... If you want to ask just start your question with an easy question like : "Oh what year of the SG are you referring to? Not "What telecaster ? Some are thin and some are fat"

Again, If you compare a telecaster's neck to an SG It's so different. So by saying Which telecaster model am i talking about compared to an SG (in terms of neck) It shows that you don't know what you're talking about because of course the SG is a bit more slim / fat.

I hope you all can understand.
Quote by 477mika1
Jee .. ..Tele's neck and body doesn't change that much over the years..... Anyways if the feel of one guitar is slightly different to the other guitar than its not a big deal.. So you don't have to be specific at all. Maybe you could just ask what year not the specific model..

Specific models can have different neck profiles, just as different years can. So the model is just as important to differentiate.
Again, If you compare a telecaster's neck to an SG It's so different. So by saying Which telecaster model am i talking about compared to an SG (in terms of neck) It shows that you don't know what you're talking about because of course the SG is a bit more slim / fat.

So why on earth did you ask this question then? As if to imply that the 2 necks actually are comparable?
So i actually own a telecaster and found out that it was way easier to play on a gibson les paul or sg due to its neck.

How will it compare to the music man..

I understand that English is not your first language, but you keep contradicting yourself and its making your posts very incoherent.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 7, 2016,
T00DEEPBLUE

Quote by 477mika1
Acϵ♠
Gosh even i tried a special ltd and its almost the same as the 61.. Anyways i tried the axis music man already and it feels like an epiphone sg 400 but just a bit fat.

So I went to this huge guitar shop somewhere in forest park and tried alot of SG's and tele and let me tell you, almost all the sg models feel diffrent than a tele. Why the hell do you need to know specifically which model the sg is ?! They are way easier to play than some of the telecaster i own.

Anyways I'm only asking about necks if your talking about sound then i may need specific models..

Thankyou very much

I tried the music man already and i told you how it feels like.....you missed the whole thing
Last edited by 477mika1 at Oct 7, 2016,
T00DEEPBLUE Dont you understand that I'm comparing a music man to an sg. The tele is a back story to show that as soon as i tried an sg, it was easier to play with compared to a tele......

Well Ok K'm sorry that i'm dumb and its ok for you to make fun of me or rub it on my face... maybe that will make you feel better
dementiacaptain this is a straight forward answer I'm looking for... By giving this answer to me i could already imagine how it will feel.
Yoo guys, even if I told you the specific models Some are hard for me to find for me to try and some i've never even tried before.