In my last thread i was told to look at some fender deluxe amps and i was wondering if there was a cheaper option and i stumbled across the champion. are these good amps and get the job done for blues and jam band type stuff? The deluxes are so expensive but i know they will give me good tone so feedback for the champion would be nice. (champion 100)
ethanball888 Fender Champions are really nice amps for blues, so go for it!
There is never enough distortion...

Guitars:
Epiphone G400 Custom
Yamaha F335
Amp:
Fender Mustang II V.2
solid state amp and not comparable. look for a used Peavey Classic 30 or even a Peavey Valveking. both will certainly do blues and will be cheaper for you. I use a Valveking for practice and it does blues pretty well. has excellent cleans as well. granted it doesn't nail SRV tones but at least gets you something that will work for that. been working on my Peter Green tone with it and so far that's coming along. again probably will never nail it but again will produce serviceable tone.
Classic 30, Blues Jr, HRD, SuperChamp X2 will all deliver more legit blues tone than the Champion 100 and all can be had for $400 or less used. Play through a few before buying an amp.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Sep 28, 2016,