Been working on learning this piece for a while, very fun to learn. Wondered what everyone else thinks.

Takes influence from a lot of jazzy music although it is primarily a kind of uptempo prog thing.
Attachments:
Blend.gp5
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I really like it! Quite catchy, but in an interesting and intricate way. I like the interplay between the instruments, it definitely works with these melodies.

The jazz guitar riff from bar 73 sounds a bit too muffled in Guitar Pro, but I presume it sounds much better live, and of course it serves as an introduction to the distorted section in which it sounds awesome, so it has its place.

I assume it's not finished, though, considering how the last bars have been left.

I've just posted this thing, if you care to check it out: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1710798
Quote by TLGuitar
I really like it! Quite catchy, but in an interesting and intricate way. I like the interplay between the instruments, it definitely works with these melodies.

The jazz guitar riff from bar 73 sounds a bit too muffled in Guitar Pro, but I presume it sounds much better live, and of course it serves as an introduction to the distorted section in which it sounds awesome, so it has its place.

I assume it's not finished, though, considering how the last bars have been left.

I've just posted this thing, if you care to check it out: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1710798

Cheers for the kind words.

Yeah, that riff at 73 is played in a pop/pluck kind of manner, similar to Tosin Abasi, Thinking of adding some percussive bits to it too but I've got my work cut out for me. Trust me, with the tone I've got for it, it sounds superbly groovy.

It is finished actually, the extra bit at the end was a solo idea I just didn't like and forgot to get rid of.. ah well, prolly use it for something else.

Will check it in a bit.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
No problem, though I suspect we have different definitions for "in a bit".
I like the intro, I can imagine it becoming quite catchy and having a lot of replay value so to speak. Not to found at the action around the 23 bar mark and that part, but I really don't like prog stuff. It seems like that part doesnt really serve any purpose in the whole of the song and frankly, it does sound quite boring and bad to me on its own but that's just me so no worries. The following transition at bar 39 is quite nice and I do like that riff, however I feel like it could have been executed a bit better. That part between bars 44 and 45 for example, I like those kinds of things and I always admire them when they work, but for me, this one just doesn't work. The beginning and ending portion of each such pattern seems fine but the middle part puts me off a bit.

loving the comeback at bar 53

For the Dunk part, I cant really imagine what those guitars would sound like in real life. I like the rhodes but dont quite know what to think of those guitars. I like the ending but feel like the song could have been a bit longer.

But anyways, I very much do enjoy out of the box soloing and fusion stuff but if there's one thing I need in a song then it's conservative song structure, and that's the reason I just cannot for the life of me get into "prog" at all, so better take anything I say here with a pinch of salt as I dont have much listening experience in this genre.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻