So I finally took the plunge into the world of guitar pedals and purchased a Boss RC-1 Looper, along with another guitar cable and 9V power supply. Upon hooking everything up for the first time and trying out the pedal everything worked fine and there seemed to be no issue. So the next day (tonight) I plugged into my amp, then plugged into the pedal, then switched the amp on. Then I hooked up the guitar to the output of the pedal this turns the pedal on.

Upon use of both my Blackstar ID: Core 10 & Vox AD60VT. No sound was coming from the amp when plugged into the pedal. So I took the pedal out of the chain and plugged directly into both amps they work fine. I checked my volume knobs, made sure the cables were inserted all the way. The pedal is even functioning properly but no sound is coming out of the amp.

Upon reading the manual, I noticed the pedal is supposed to be turned on BEFORE switching on the amplifier, and when powering down the amplifier should be shut off first. I did the power-on sequence backwards to the manual did I mess up the pedal in some way? It came with a battery and the power is good, even when plugged into the 9V power supply.
Last edited by anthonymarisc at Sep 30, 2016,
Also I purchased it from Guitar Center, and if it IS broken for whatever reason the sales associate is probably gonna give me some smug face for not buying their pro coverage plan. I still have the sales receipt and they said I have 30 days to return it. I'll bring it into the Guitar Center tomorrow if I can't get it to work. I'm examining and checking all my gear and the pedal just isn't working when plugged into my signal chain. But it functions just fine, just no sound whatsoever.
Guitar hooked up to the pedal OUTPUT?
It goes like so:
Guitar goes to pedal input.
Pedal Output goes to amp.

Guitar > < Pedal Input -PEDAL- Pedal Output > Amp

When you turn on the pedal shouldn't matter
Guitar > Cable > Pedal Input > Pedal > Pedal Output > Cable > Amp
CodeMonk
Quote by CodeMonk
Guitar hooked up to the pedal OUTPUT?
It goes like so:
Guitar goes to pedal input.
Pedal Output goes to amp.

Guitar > < Pedal Input -PEDAL- Pedal Output > Amp

When you turn on the pedal shouldn't matter
Guitar > Cable > Pedal Input > Pedal > Pedal Output > Cable > Amp

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm a dunce. Lmao thanks man, cheers.
Quote by anthonymarisc
CodeMonk

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm a dunce. Lmao thanks man, cheers.

That's cause you're in Vegas.
It does weird things to the brain.
My sister lives there and sometimes she isn't all these either.