Hello, hello. So I've been looking into a new humbucker pickup for a 72 Tele Custom style guitar. I think I'm between the Seymour Duncan Alcino Pro II and the '59 neck.

I haven't been able to find a ton of useful demos on either, since most have been heavily exaggerated genres.

For anyone that has any experience with these pickups, I was hoping to get an opinion.

I'm a huge fan of the Smiths, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, and Jack White (among many others).

If it helps at all, I own a Gibson 50s Tribute Les Paul, and I love the neck pickup in it. Very warm, yet bright, very clear, and full sounding. My assumption would be that the 59 Neck would be the way to go, but the scooped mids conserns me.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!
Try adding more delay.
Amp?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
They are pretty different pickups. The 59 has big lows and highs, and scooped mids. The Alnico II Pro has more mids, sweet highs, and squishy bass. The 59's bass is certain;y tighter. From the bands you like, I'd recommend the Alnico II Pro, but listen to you guitar. Is there a problem with the current pickups? Can you define it?
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
T00DEEPBLUE I'm using a Fender Vibrolux with one Celestion and one Jensen

Mincer Well the guitar is going to be built so it currently doesn't exist. (; The squishy bass is an interesting dilemma. I think I'll have to listen back for that.

Also if anyone has any other pickup recommendations, I'd be open.
Try adding more delay.
is it an actual fender 72 tele custom? if so i don't think a regular humbucker will fit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc It will be a Logan Custom Guitar, so I guess he can make them to fit.
Try adding more delay.
Quote by Mincer
The Alnico II Pro has more mids, sweet highs, and squishy bass.

Squishy bass.
I gotta write that down somewhere.
Quote by dspellman
Squishy bass.
I gotta write that down somewhere.

Haha- it is true, though! That's the way it sounds to me. The Alnico V-based pickups have a 'hard' or 'tight' bass. The Alnico II Pro is the opposite.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
So I did a crap ton of searching and I think the Seth Lover SD pickups sounded the best to me. Any experience anyone have with those?
Try adding more delay.
^ not much. i tried a tokai once which i was told had seth lovers. i would suspect it might sound a little closer to the 490T in your les paul than the '59, yeah, but i could well be wrong.

Quote by telecastrmastr
Dave_Mc It will be a Logan Custom Guitar, so I guess he can make them to fit.

oh i see, fair enough, yeah that should be fine i imagine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?