Can anyone give me any recommendations on a new amp as I am looking to upgrade from my current one.
I play an Epiphone Les Paul Standard plustop pro and looking for something around the $800AUD range. Any help would be much appreciated.
What you've posted is not good enough. Give us more information as to what exactly you want.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T00DEEPBLUEmainly going to be playing in my bedroom but may decide to play a couple of gigs in the future. Need something versatile as I have a very broad taste in music sorry I should have been more specific
Quote by brm_1995
T00DEEPBLUEI have a very broad taste in music sorry I should have been more specific

Nice oxymoron.

Try again. What are the most important tones you need your amp to do?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T00DEEPBLUEok bands im into are pearl jam, nirvana, system of a down, maybe some parkway drive so I guess some nice distorted tones. I havent had that much experience with this kind of thing so if you need any more info ill try and help out
What amp format do you want?

What cabinet?

What speakers?

Tube, solid state or hybrid?

Have you been to a guitar store to try out some amps yet?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Just looking for something simple like a solid state combo 50 - 75 watt maybe.
I havent been to a guitar store yet as Im not really sure what im looking for I was just hoping if someone could give me a rough idea, should I just go in there and ask them about what would suit me
Yes.

As long as they do not recommend a Marshall MG or a Line 6 Spider because those amps are utter trash. But for $800, your budget shouldn't be constrained enough to resort to buying either of those.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 30, 2016,
Maybe one of the smaller tube (valve) Laneys? IRT or VC15 maybe, but couldn't find the prices in AU...

From the search online I found this site...
If you want more vintage rock tones the two Vox AC10s seems nice on this list:
https://www.kosmic.com.au/amps-fx/guitar-amp-combos/?rf=pr%3Fpr%3D64-801%26rf%3Dpr&sortby=highest_price

Yamaha TH series strictly for home jamming, depends on your liking as they have different ones for rock, metal, listen on there, just look them up but they're nice little lunchbox units.

Based on this site they have Peavey Valveking in AU so look for the combo, which is basically amp that can do anything from clean rock to AC/DC type of overdrive, maybe Orange Tiny Terror and Dark Terror used if you can find them. The Marshall DSL series is also quite popular and this one is in your budget. I like them with bigger speakers but this would be cool for home jamming:
https://www.kosmic.com.au/marshall-dsl5c-combo
Quote by brm_1995
Just looking for something simple like a solid state combo 50 - 75 watt maybe.
I havent been to a guitar store yet as Im not really sure what im looking for I was just hoping if someone could give me a rough idea, should I just go in there and ask them about what would suit me

If you have no clear goals regarding guitar influences and just want something very generic and versatile, look at Roland Cube and Vox VT series. They do a lot pretty well but no one thing brilliantly. These amps don't really get into Metal Shred but everything else is on tap.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I haven't played with one in years, but the Roland Cube 60 is definitely reasonable for the volume ranges and tone ranges you're after. IIRC it has a headphone jack too, so that would solve bedroom issues if need be
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
I am not sure about amp prices in Australia, but a Marshall DSL40C is a nice all rounder, and not very expensive.