First of all, I have to admit that I was drinking a can of energy drink called Mountain Dew Kickstart with orange flavor this Wednesday early afternoon then I started to feel something in my chest. Yes, I was drinking while I was on the way to work. Later that day, I started feel something worse. I didn't feel the burn in my chest, it's just esophagus or whatever is it. It's like when I was drinking water or swallowing food, I feel like my neck has too much drink in my food pipe through the neck so I can say that must be lower esophageal sphincter. Since Wednesday, I do not get better at all. Within two days, I ate a can of pineapple slices, a big bottle of Smart Water and a Subway footlong indian sandwich (with pepperonis, turkeys, melted cheddar cheese, baby spinach and mustard) and I haven't gotten any better.

Secondly, I have never drunk a single taste of baking soda. It seems that my co-workers and online articles recommend me to drink that so I feel like I need to or just go to the doctor. If I don't recover it within a week, then I'll try drinking a glass of water with braking soda.

If I don't drink baking soda or go to the doctor at all while I keep eating & drinking something healthy, than what can I do? How do I make acid reflux go away? PLEASE HELP!

PS. Sorry for English error.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Last edited by Hal-Sephira at Oct 1, 2016,
I find milk and minty stuff helps sooth it but yeah it's probably symptomatic.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by RAB11
I find milk and minty stuff helps sooth it but yeah it's probably symptomatic.

I find milk causes it

Evan told me to cut out milk for a week and mine went away
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by gonzaw
Acid Reflux sounds like a cool band name

underwhelming
A friend of mine had acid reflux for years. It destroyed the "flap" in his esophagus and he had to start sleeping sitting up. He had the flap surgically repaired recently after years of not being able to sleep right.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

Secondly, I have never drunk a single taste of baking soda. It seems that my co-workers and online articles recommend me to drink that so I feel like I need to or just go to the doctor. If I don't recover it within a week, then I'll try drinking a glass of water with braking soda.

What even is this paragraph?
Quote by Hal-Sephira
First of all, I have to admit that I was drinking a can of energy drink called Mountain Dew Kickstart

then you deserve every moment of pain
Quote by Trowzaa
I find milk causes it

Evan told me to cut out milk for a week and mine went away

If you have acid problems, avoid dairy, period.

Also, a tablespoon of baking soda in enough water to get it thoroughly mixed will usually alleviate severe reflux within 20 minutes. (I don't know what a tablespoon is in actual measurements)

If you aren't used to having digestive problems, you should talk to your doctor. You could be blocked up in your intestines or stomach, causing acid to go up your esophagus. People often instinctively go to eat or drink when they have symptoms of reflux, but that doesn't help, because you're just putting more pressure on your stomach, which will cause more acid to be forced up. The best thing to do is try to neutralize it with the baking soda solution or antacids and refrain from eating and drinking for awhile.

Different things trigger reflux in different people. Garlic, chocolate, and dairy products are all common antagonists, though.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by mattedbird
take a shot of vinegar. don't mix baking soda with it
that will hurt like the dickins. Yes the dickins.
Just go to the doctor, what's the big deal?

I produce too much acid cause I'm so hardcore and need a tablet daily to stop it
^
agree, the vinegar isn't a fix, it's to get you through. especially if you're dealing with it regularly
Quote by mattedbird
^

it works. heartburn is lack of stomach acid

Didnt work when i tried it. Just burned like crazy. I've heard you are supposed to water it down a lot. I just did a shot of apple cider vinegar. Burned like hell and it didnt work. I would try fresh squeezed lemon juice if i had to try it again. Acid reflux is obviously not lack of stomach acid but over production due to an initial lack of acid, they say. Also eating large amounts of unsalted meat can cause the sodium lining of the stomach to be absorbed into the meat and cause ulcers.
Last edited by geo-rage at Oct 1, 2016,
yeah, I guess it depends on who you believe as to what exactly it is and different people probably respond to treatments differently. its what works for me.

I don't get it anymore since I quit the booze. the food didn't mix well with it

http://healthwyze.org/reports/221-why-you-should-use-apple-cider-vinegar-instead-of-antacids-and-baking-soda-for-indigestion
Last edited by mattedbird at Oct 1, 2016,
Quote by Banjocal

underwhelming

looks like a high school talent show

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Carbonated beverages help a great deal with sour stomach, acid indigestion, or acid reflux. 7up or Sprite are good for upset stomach, generally.

Sometimes if you don't eat enough you can get acid reflux because the stomach is still producing large amounts (from long periods of overeating) of acid to aid in digestion.
Quote by mattedbird
^

it works. heartburn is lack of stomach acid

Not always. It's a possible cause, though, and all potential sources should be explored.

It works for my step-dad, who drinks a water/apple cider vinegar mix every night. But that doesn't do anything for me, whose problem is the overactive creation of acid.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

I just tried a glass (look like a small size of mug cup) of Crystal Geyser with over a half of Arm & Hammer baking soda five minutes ago. If I'm correctly or not, my co-workers said it tastes horrible when drinking it but it wasn't like that it seem so I'm not sure I did it right. If my chest is still feeling movement or something weird, I may have to try again in 24 hours. If this not work, then I'll come here and post to do something else.

Thanks for your help, guys!
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Have you really had reflux for 3 days? You need to see a doctor.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Chewing gum
Extra strength rolaid/tums/antacid
Sparkling water or soda (and burping)
Moving around more (also produces burp)
And other stuff, good luck
But, more importantly, if you've had it for 3 days, see a doctor you cheapskate.
Yes I am falling
How much longer
Till I hit the ground?
Quote by gonzaw
Acid Reflux sounds like a cool band name

IKR for a punk band.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Prolosec OTC Larry the Cable Guy swears buy it or maybe try some Zantac.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

i used to get really really bad heartburn, like sitting in the bathroom for three hours cause i feel like i'm gonna vomit soon heartburn. i couldn't turn my head at all or else it would flare up big time. it really really sucks. i take omeperozale daily now and it helps a lot. it's not an instant relief thing like tums (which also work), but taken regularly it works really well. now i only get heartburn directly after i take my morning meds and if i've got an elevated heartrate (>110). omeperozale is prescription required in the uk, idk if that's where you are, in the states you can get it at any pharmacy.

i would recommend seeing a doctor though. seeing a doctor is never a bad thing and there's been research to suggest that acid reflux left untreated can get worse and worse over time.

go see a doctor for real. if you've had heartburn that seemingly comes out of nowhere and doesn't go away after a few hours something is probably legit wrong.