I recently bought a focusrite 2i4 and a pair of AKG k240 studio headphones and wanted to test with BIAS FX and when I play a metaltone or similiar the sound is buzzing so much, I cant hear every tone I play but clean sounds pretty okay.
Im a bit nooby on this stuff and need help. Do I have to change settings on BIAS FX ? I need premium BIAS for better sounds or settings? Are there better equipment for this? Have I done something wrong?
Last edited by anderssen at Oct 1, 2016,
Maybe start with a DAW first and then load Bias as plugin?
I'd say you can probably run it as standalone but am not sure how the settings would go.
Offhand look at latency and your audio inputs and outputs should be Focusrite asio.
yeah and when i try out others tonecload on BIAS its still that buzzing sound like my headphones are broken or one of the outputs, like when i play a full chords with EQ its like 5000 chords mixed together. im so angry....
Maybe lets start with some basic troubleshooting.

Does your card play audio OK, say some Youtube or mp3, do they come out OK?
If not maybe you need to make the audio interface default:
http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-change-default-playback-recording-audio-device

Lookup up some Focusrite 2i4 "getting started" videos on Youtube.
Here are tips on optimizing PC for Audio that might come in handy, #1 and #2 especially, I wouldn't do the rest at this point:
https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207355205-Optimising-your-PC-for-Audio-on-Windows-10
Last edited by diabolical at Oct 4, 2016,
Yeah i also think it has something to do with audio and im not good at computer stuff

at 7 mins that sounds just like the problem I have!
Last edited by anderssen at Oct 5, 2016,
OK - if you're referring to clipping, the guy had a direct box (DI) installed to run Amplitube, so are you saying you're clipping the input into the red?
Maybe just follow his advice and try Amplitube as in this video or Guitar Rig and lower the guitar volume with the knob if clipping for the time being, plan on getting a DI box later. The Behrnger he shows is OK or get a Whirlwind IMP2 which is my favorite of the lower end DIs:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--WHRIMP2
I can't watch the video right now but if we are talking about clipping would that not be because the 2i4 doesn't have a pad?

If that's the case then you will need to either buy an interface with a pad, or get a DI box to attenuate the signal.

It's pretty retarded IMO, but certain interfaces offer a jack input alongside an XLR for a microphone, yet the jack input has no pad which makes it arguably unusable.
Quote by Random3
I can't watch the video right now but if we are talking about clipping would that not be because the 2i4 doesn't have a pad?

If that's the case then you will need to either buy an interface with a pad, or get a DI box to attenuate the signal.

It's pretty retarded IMO, but certain interfaces offer a jack input alongside an XLR for a microphone, yet the jack input has no pad which makes it arguably unusable.

IIRC the 2i4 has a pad and the 2i2 doesnt.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by diabolical
OK - if you're referring to clipping, the guy had a direct box (DI) installed to run Amplitube, so are you saying you're clipping the input into the red?
Maybe just follow his advice and try Amplitube as in this video or Guitar Rig and lower the guitar volume with the knob if clipping for the time being, plan on getting a DI box later. The Behrnger he shows is OK or get a Whirlwind IMP2 which is my favorite of the lower end DIs:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--WHRIMP2
I was refering to when he said crackles and dropouts , thought that had to do something with the sparkling sound.
Last edited by anderssen at Oct 5, 2016,
Quote by diabolical
That would be latency - it is usually adjusted either in your DAW settings (BIAS?) or in the audio driver.
Yeah I noticed that later...and btw the amplitube download didnt work for me and you dont wanna know why, trust me. But im still pretty sure its something wrong with the audio i need to fix, dont know how though, hire a profesinal lol, im so desperate.

At this point I rather just play without the focusrite like I have done the last year.
Last edited by anderssen at Oct 6, 2016,
Sorry for the obvious question, but have you installed the proper audio drivers for your interface?