Page 1 of 2
Im still getting used to this website and im not entirely sure if im using the forums right? and when i reply to something on a thread it does not show below the person i was replying to. if anyone can shed some light on how i use these properly it would be greatly appreciated.
if you click quote it quotes the persons quote

Quote by 6stringaddict
Im still getting used to this website and im not entirely sure if im using the forums right? and when i reply to something on a thread it does not show below the person i was replying to. if anyone can shed some light on how i use these properly it would be greatly appreciated.

like this

if you simply want to reply to that person you click reply

6stringaddict

like this

what is so complicated about this? are you using mobile?
k.lainad ohh okay thankyou. not complicated i just lack common sense obviously lol. im using a laptop
Maybe you're used to threaded style discussions like reddit, these here forums are old school

Quoting someone will give them a notification about it tho that's much better than clickin the reply button

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by k.lainad
if you simply want to reply to that person you click reply

6stringaddict

like this

but only idiots and absolute twats do this.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quoting someone will give them a notification about it tho that's much better than clickin the reply button

genuinely dont know why they included quote and reply when both are accomplishing the same thing, except only one of them does it in a useful way
Reply is literally a useless button

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Maybe you're used to threaded style discussions like reddit, these here forums are old school

oh okay in that case i will more than likely quote from now on then. thank you very much. i have never used reddit either
...we have a like button now?
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
*sigh* so many thing changed since I used to be on this, I feel like an old man now.
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by SpanishYanez
*sigh* so many thing changed since I used to be on this, I feel like an old man now.
lol im a newbie as probably guessed.. you oldies need to teach me the ropes of this website haha
Sent you a PM if you have any questions.
I'll be Kurt ;|
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by SpanishYanez

Don't worry, you'll always be 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009
Quote by 6stringaddict
hahaha why
it will consume you

They don't call it a Pit for nothing
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
You pretty much got the hang of it. Now all you have to do is watch out for the creeps and weirdos that lurk on this forum. Good Luck.
Quote by bubba
You pretty much got the hang of it. Now all you have to do is watch out for the creeps and weirdos that lurk on this forum. Good Luck.
lol thanking you.
The creeps and weirdos are flagged up with differently coloured usernames, fyi
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Reply is literally a useless button
nah it's alright if you cba posting a full quote, I imagine will get more use in the srs subforums
also, it seems that quoting several posts in a single long reply only notifies the first person you quoted, maybe the reply box gets around that for now?
Quote by soundgarden1986
is it to not engage a certain user if theyre being a weirdo no matter what the circumstance is

i dont want to say a name and leave the dudes bat signal but i feel like you know who it is

Absolutely.
Quote by K'Nuckles
Should we drop the obvious warning?
what, that you're also in Cardiff and are fundamentally abhorrent? oh, blode, right
Nah, she'll figure it out
Don't villainise unduly
Quote by Hydra150
what, that you're also in Cardiff and are fundamentally abhorrent? oh, blode, right
Nah she'll figure it out

I'm reclusive and keep to myself
Guys, can we not pretend that we're a welcoming and harmonious little community for five damn minutes?
Quote by soundgarden1986
is it to not engage a certain user if theyre being a weirdo no matter what the circumstance is

i dont want to say a name and leave the dudes bat signal but i feel like you know who it is

You can say it.

eGraham
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by SpanishYanez
Sent you a PM if you have any questions.

>>> hotdog.gif
Quote by bass.desires
staring at your forum avatar relaxes me.
Quote by soundgarden1986

There are at least six people here who I can think this applies to, and that's not even counting myself.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Page 1 of 2