Page 1 of 2
I played many years ago, and decided to get back into guitar playing. I've decided I want a Stratocaster-type guitar, and now I would like to whittle it down to an actual model.

I'd gladly pay $1,000+ USD, if I felt comfortable that the guitar I bought was the right one for me, long term. This is what made me consider the Fender American Standard HSS and American Special HSS models. I figured these were good all-around guitars that could fit various styles of music.

The tones I'd like to emulate varies quite a bit, which is why I need advice choosing a guitar that can accommodate them all. I like metal and metalcore, but also blues. Rhoads, but also Trower, SRV, and Moore.

What I absolutely want to avoid is a garbage guitar like I had all those years ago. There must have been a quarter mile between the strings and the fingerboard.
heterodox

First off, action height generally has a lot more to do with set up than price, and it is a good idea to budget for a set up on any new guitar, regardless of how much it cost.

I think that HSS is the way to go if you want a versatile strat. Another option might be HSH, with single/series or parallel/series switching on the neck pickup.
Get an EVH Special.
Martin D-16GT
Takamine EG523SC
'17 Gibson Les Paul Standard
60s Gibson Les Paul Tribute
'16 Fender MIA Stratocaster
Blackstar HT-1R
Marshall DSL5c
With that budget- depending on where you live- excellent options exist from Fender, Godin, Carvin, G&L and many more. Most of the non-Fender guitars will have a bigger neck radius- meaning flatter fingerboard.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Fender HSS will certainly get you most of that. won't nail rhoads but will do most of the rest. trower uses his middle pickup a lot so that's kinda easy. SRV well good luck regardless of what you get and gary moore used LPs for the blues portion of his career for the most part. still you should be able to get kinda close if you aren't super picky. metal would have to be done mainly on the bridge pup.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
Quote by monwobobbo
Fender HSS will certainly get you most of that. won't nail rhoads but will do most of the rest. trower uses his middle pickup a lot so that's kinda easy. SRV well good luck regardless of what you get and gary moore used LPs for the blues portion of his career for the most part. still you should be able to get kinda close if you aren't super picky. metal would have to be done mainly on the bridge pup.

yep agreed. or really any HSS strat/superstrat from any decent manufacturer (including but not limited to fender).
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by luke.g.henderso
I've recently fallen in love with these:

The guy seems to get a nice range of tones out of them.

Thanks for that. This led me to the related Charvel, the Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR (wish the name was longer). That one has the JB and '59 pickups with coil splitting, and from the videos I've seen, the sound is pretty bloody good and flexible.

I appreciate all the responses. All have been helpful.
heterodox No problem, glad to help. As far as I know, the Floyd Rose and Hard Tail models have the same pickups and switching (not sure about the So Cal model, I read somewhere that has Duncan Distortions I think).
Quote by heterodox
Thanks for that. This led me to the related Charvel, the Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR (wish the name was longer). That one has the JB and '59 pickups with coil splitting, and from the videos I've seen, the sound is pretty bloody good and flexible.

I appreciate all the responses. All have been helpful.

they aren't stratty enough IMO. I just played a bunch of them at sam ash last week and they are great, but they will not give you the strat tones that you are looking for. YMMV.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I would look into G&L, Music Man. Both companies have Leo Fender's handprints all over them. After Leo sold Fender to CBS in 1973 for 13 million (which is over 1 billion in today's money) he moved on to Ernie Ball & then later to G&L. The Music Man Cutlass is very strat like but Leo added some new concepts including straighter strings at the headstock improving tension on the lower strings. Then there is the Stingray which is similar to the Cutlass except it has 2 humbuckers instead of single coils.
Martin D-16GT
Takamine EG523SC
'17 Gibson Les Paul Standard
60s Gibson Les Paul Tribute
'16 Fender MIA Stratocaster
Blackstar HT-1R
Marshall DSL5c
Quote by trashedlostfdup
they aren't stratty enough IMO. I just played a bunch of them at sam ash last week and they are great, but they will not give you the strat tones that you are looking for. YMMV.

yeah. i haven't tried the coil split versions (i have the older MIJ one without the splits) but in my experience coil splits, especially on an HH guitar, won't really get you any strat tones. you really need HSH (with splits) to get those strat tones (and even then, not ideal).
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

I think Fender sold to CBS in 1965. The currency sites I checked put the modern value of $13M between $77M and $110M.

The Cutlass and Stingray look great, but that's a bit too rich for my blood (read: I don't feel right spending that much on a first guitar). I know I was not very specific about this up front.

I'm quite the individualist, so I don't necessarily need a purely Strat sound. I'm OK with it sounding different, as long as it sounds good to me.

Leaning toward the Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1. Not thrilled about MiM. Trying to decide between HT and FR. I remember hating the tuning hassles I used to have, and would also like to be able to detune. I know I can block, but I have little interest in trems to begin with, so may just go HT.
Last edited by heterodox at Oct 3, 2016,
FWIW, my Charvel is MiM and plays great. Love the neck and the compound radius fretboard. I do not have the coil taps on mine and to be honest I have a guitar that has them, but I rarely use them.
Gibson DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Fender MIA strat, HWY1 tele, Reverend Manta Ray 290, Charvel Pro mod, ESP LTD EC1000 and Viper 400
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, EVH 5153, Peavey Classic 30 2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
as far as the MIM Jackson and charvels, they are pretty nice. I played five or six last week. the new Jackson dk2ht i tried was really one that caught my attention, the neck joint was much improved over the traditional block shape. the charvels were really nice as well. they are a similar build to the Jacksons (probably roll off the same line).

I would personally look at ibanez' prestige linup used. i have four and one on the way. they are fantastic. used at the $600 mark is commonplace.

as far as the stratty thing, goes, whether it be charvel, Jackson, or ibanez, you need to find out for yourself. they are of a different breed of guitar than your garden variety fender.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Maybe Chapman Guitars Cap10 HSH with Strat style body... ML-1 mahogany body maple neck ebony fretboard with HSS has strat style body with reverse tele style headstock.. I like mine because it has a woody organic sound when the switch is in a certain position (I still don't quite understand the 5-way switch configuration but it is nice)

If you live in Minnesota, you could always drop by Riff City Guitars https://www.riffcityguitaroutlet.com/collections/chapman-guitars-1?gclid=CJ_fv8iWwc8CFctahgodcvAMPw

This is my Chapman ML-1 natural mahogany with Matt black back, it's one of the NAMM14' Chapman Guitars which Rabea, and Monkey Lord may have played demo on.. I got it from Ryan, RNA Music, Texas.. he acquired all the NAMM guitars.

This is a very nice thick padded gig bag, if you prefer hardcase you can choose the other model.

The string trees are alright (if it ain't broke don't fix it).. but if you want the upgrade, you can always upgrade them for roller string trees or Graphtech String trees (black). I prefer Graphtech myself.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Last edited by psp742 at Oct 4, 2016,
Another option is purchasing a guitar with more technology and features.. like the newer Variax modeling guitar (they have HSS version) but uses proprietary hardware and software to model different guitars and sound fantastic doing it.. (add player with skills)

or

Peavey AT-200 Antares powered auto-tune electric guitar... although the guitar works fine as a guitar, Peavey could have chosen a better quality platform for the Antares Auto-Tune System. FIRSTLY, the tuners are just alright, but could have been better. (PlanetWave Auto-trim Locking Tuners are direct drop in). SECONDLY, you need to buy a midi breakout box to connect the AT-200 to your computer for data transfer (Midisport 1x1 works fine) get the necessary connecting cables). THIRDLY, Antares sells the guitar features in three packages.. basic, Pro, and Complete.. (wait for sale to buy complete pack.. the added features make the guitar super fun to play)

I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
I've pretty much decided on the Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH HT. That mahogony-top Chapman ML-1 looks fantastic though.
OK, now I'm trying to choose between the aforementioned Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH HT (~$850 USD) and a Yamaha Pacifica PAC120H (~$300 USD).

I can't figure out why Yamaha says that the PAC120H has a "vintage tremolo" everywhere they list its specs.

The price difference is stark, but everyone seems to speak highly of the Pacificas. Can anyone speak to any quality differences between these two guitars?
heterodox

the Charvel is a way better quality guitar. the Yamaha is good for the money but can't stack up to the charvel. I think if you look you'll see that for starters the charvel has Seymour Duncan pickups . better made guitar all around. (nothing against Yamaha they have some really nice guitars). I do ? your getting a hard tail as all the players you listed use a trem at least occasionally.

there is a note saying that the guitar pictured is a hard tail version. perhaps many places don't carry the hard tail version
Quote by monwobobbo
heterodox

the Charvel is a way better quality guitar. the Yamaha is good for the money but can't stack up to the charvel. I think if you look you'll see that for starters the charvel has Seymour Duncan pickups . better made guitar all around. (nothing against Yamaha they have some really nice guitars). I do ? your getting a hard tail as all the players you listed use a trem at least occasionally.

there is a note saying that the guitar pictured is a hard tail version. perhaps many places don't carry the hard tail version

+1 the charvels are a class up on the yamahas. and i have played several nice yamahas for the record. charvel all day.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Well the decision is made, then. Thank you.

Quote by monwobobbo
I do ? your getting a hard tail as all the players you listed use a trem at least occasionally.

Yeah, but I thought about it a lot, and decided a trem just isn't for me, for various reasons I'd rather not go into.
Quote by heterodox
OK, now I'm trying to choose between the aforementioned Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH HT (~$850 USD) and a Yamaha Pacifica PAC120H (~$300 USD).

I can't figure out why Yamaha says that the PAC120H has a "vintage tremolo" everywhere they list its specs.

The price difference is stark, but everyone seems to speak highly of the Pacificas. Can anyone speak to any quality differences between these two guitars?

Never thought I'd see those two in the same sentence The Pacifica is a decent to good starter guitar, depending on the quality variation. If picking at a store you could find one that is better made than the next one as the vary greatly. The San Dimas is pro gear. Kinda of like the difference between a Skoda and an Audi...or more like Kia and an Audi.
Quote by diabolical
Never thought I'd see those two in the same sentence The Pacifica is a decent to good starter guitar, depending on the quality variation. If picking at a store you could find one that is better made than the next one as the vary greatly. The San Dimas is pro gear. Kinda of like the difference between a Skoda and an Audi...or more like Kia and an Audi.

Well, I'm a newbie, and I came here to ask for advice from people who know more than me. I can think of plenty of times I've seen grossly overpriced products and even entire brands that are grossly overpriced and/or overrated (at least IMO). And given how people gush over Yamaha, I needed to verify.

It doesn't help when people give the cheap Pacificas and the Charvels both 5-star ratings. That does not make sense at all to me. If the Charvel is much better, then there is no way a Pacifica is a 5-star guitar. It drives me crazy how people lack the ability to rate sensibly.

In other news, I wish I could personally murder forum spammers. And yet, it appears I cannot even report their posts.
Last edited by heterodox at Oct 7, 2016,
Quote by heterodox
Well, I'm a newbie, and I came here to ask for advice from people who know more than me. I can think of plenty of times I've seen grossly overpriced products and even entire brands that are grossly overpriced and/or overrated (at least IMO). And given how people gush over Yamaha, I needed to verify.

It doesn't help when people give the cheap Pacificas and the Charvels both 5-star ratings. That does not make sense at all to me. If the Charvel is much better, then there is no way a Pacifica is a 5-star guitar. It drives me crazy how people lack the ability to rate sensibly.

In other news, I wish I could personally murder forum spammers. And yet, it appears I cannot even report their posts.

Of course they can both be 5 stars, given how good they are in their own price category.
However, they do not compare well. The Pacifica is an inferior guitar to the San Dimas, the difference is huge.

I would go for a real strat, maybe if you don't want a humbucker, go for 3 single coils. No matter how well the coil-split is done (some manufacturers do really well, like PRS comes first to mind), it still won't sound like a strat. If you like single-coil sound, that's what you need.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

^^ yeah. i guess the reviewers would say "it's rated based on its price point", but I agree with you, it makes the entire thing pointless in my opinion. Just for a laugh a few weeks back I looked through the review section of the website of a guitar magazine publisher here (it has a couple of different guitar magazines). those are actual proper reviews by guitar journalists which they publish in the magazine. Only one guitar out of about 30 on the page I looked at didn't get (at least) 4 stars out of 5. What use is that? They can justify it however they like, I'm not buying it- if they're effectively saying, "Fuck it, I don't care about your money, buy whatever you like, it's all good" then quite frankly I can get that level of advice for free without buying the magazine.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

That is one reason I always liked Consumer Reports's rating method*: each product tested gets scored on the same scale for whatever relevant features they're testing, and given an aggregate score. Then, certain products in the class may be given a further notation as being a "Best Buy" (or whatever they call it) because- regardless of its overall score, it is better value for money than other products.

* AFAIK, they don't rate instruments.

alhaq369
yeah Which? (i think that's our version of that- kind of like a consumer organisation?) does the same. that's a much better way to do it.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

The Yamaha is rated "in its class" as is the Charvel. Personally, I'd say grab the Charvel before they raise its price. It is US made professional guitar under $1K and that should be enough to convince you. I think the only reason it is staying so low is because of the Charvel brand name which they (Fender) are trying to revive. Same Jacksons sell for about twice that price, look up the Adrian Smith Dinky for example. FR and a slightly different pickup selection, $2K. Granted, we got the big name hype, but still...
I'd like to point out the paradox of Globalization and Outsourcing , First off I cant say if you've ever been to Corona CA. or even anywhere in S Ca, but if you look around you can see the trend and predominate work force, Who do you think works at these factories? Is the S Korean labor force less adept than the Mexican labor force or the Chinese and Indonesian work force? No of course not, Its just all a matter of price per unit, Meaning you'll get what you pay for no matter where its made, So the Mexican working at Fenders Corona factory makes $15 dollars an hour whereas the Korean at the Samick ,Un-Sung or Cort factory make a fraction of that, Not to mention the price difference of materials used from one country to another, Why is it you think US companies outsource anyway? Granted you get better materials with more expensive guitars, but unless an obscenely priced Custom Shop the work force is the same, and on down the assembly line we go. Which brings me to the Stratocaster, The most copied guitar on the face of the planet, Hell even Leo copied his own design after he sold his company's name to CBS which is now owned by FMIC and started G&L, Take a look at Grover Jackson, Yea FMIC got they're hooks into him too, If you want a real Jackson these days pony up and buy a GJ2, At least you know it wont be built in Indonesia using cheap materials and labor with a Jackson logo slapped on the headstock, As to Charvel that was part of the Jackson/Charvel hostile take over , Wayne Charvel has been out of the picture for quite some time now, Retired so to say and left the reigns to Grover, So yes I'd say your observation of the reviews and the price you pay for a logo on a on a headstock are spot on when it comes to guitars within a certain price range , So don't get fooled by a logo, If you prefer a double cutaway Strat type guitar it doesn't need a Fender logo to suit your preference, It just needs to suit you, Ever looked at any of the Godin Session stuff? Looks like a Strat but its not, Made in Canada, although much of its outsourced manufacturing in done in USA, and within your price range,
How's that for a Rant?
Quote by diabolical
I'd say grab the Charvel before they raise its price. It is US made professional guitar under $1K and that should be enough to convince you.

I appreciate the advice. But unfortunately, the Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH HT is made in Mexico, not the USA. Charvel does not go out of their way to make this clear, but that's what I gather from a lot of "checkin' on them there internets." If I find out you're right and I'm wrong, then I will order one immediately, rather than waiting for my next Discover card cycle.

I guess this thread has officially jumped the shark and gone off the rails.

I also appreciate the Consumer Reports rating system. I actually bought a digital subscription from them not long ago, only to quickly find out that it's pretty useless when everything I cared about was a category they hadn't revisited in three years.

I don't have the energy at the moment for a full-scale onslaught of my feelings on the matter, but I've put a lot of time and energy into this. They can't both be 5-star guitars, with only price being the determinant. If one is better than the other, then only one is a 5-star guitar. Whether you want to call the Yamaha 2 stars or 3 or even 4, you can't call it 5 without also claiming it's on par with the Charvel.

Prices change. I have seen this happen over and over. An item is released at a low price in order to increase initial sales (and, inevitiably, initial reviews from the clueless), and it rates loads of high marks. Then, they ramp up the price drastically. Oops. That $50 item is now $100. Suddenly your 5-star rating based on price makes no sense. You can't always go back and change the rating. Even if you could, almost no one actually does. Are you going to watch the prices daily, for every product you review, and adjust your rating accordingly? Of course not.

So many times, I've seen free software rated highly on a given software site, only to have the vendor decide to stop giving that software away. Suddenly, you have a high rating that is discordant with the inevitable nasty reviews that start pouring in ("Not freeware anymore? BAH!"). None of which make sense, when the product is still good; only the price has changed.

Rate based on how good it is, with 0 being an utterly unacceptable product, and 5 being a fantastic product. I can determine on my own how much price should factor in. I've been through hard times. Maybe I'm having a tough time making ends meet, and a 2-star item will have to do for me. In that case, I can sort by price (low to high), and look for the highest-rated products in the price range I can afford. Or, maybe I have $100 bills coming out my anus (like I do now). In that case, I should be able to sort by rating (high to low), and easily find the best guitar.

But no. People will make it so that even when I am able and willing to spend a considerable amount, the product ratings are meaningless. Like now. I am willing to spend over $1,000 on a guitar, so I want to be able to sort by rating, descending, then find the highest-rated guitar in that general price range. Nope. Instead, I sort by rating, and I see a mediocre Yamaha on top, and other mediocre guitars interspersed with actual 5-star guitars.

Put simply: If price is ALREADY its own data point (as it unarguably is), and rating is ALREADY its own data point (as it unarguably is), it makes no sense to blend the two into "rating/price". When you do that, all you're doing is eradicating the de-facto meaning of "rating". On top of that, adding your own rating "constant" on top of a variable (price) makes zero sense in every universe I'm familiar with.

As Bill Burr would say, have a great weekend, you *****.

@nastytroll, you posted after I had initiated my own reply, and before my wife decided to let her self-manufactured argument abate, so I missed your post. I totally get it. I'm not a xenophobe nor a flag-waving idiot. I am a fan of Spyderco knives made in Taiwan, which tend to be of excellent quality, usually better (in my experience) than USA-made counterparts. That's just a random example of how place of manufacture is not an absolute determinant of quality. I just do the best I can with the info I have. It sure as shit isn't easy.
Last edited by heterodox at Oct 7, 2016,
just to set the record straight. when Charvel name was brought back by Fender they did make them in the US. you may be able to find a US made one used in your price range. they then moved production to Japan briefly and then to Mexico. quality wise I don't think you'll find much of a difference as the Mexican fender facility makes some pretty nice guitars.

online reviews at sites like Amazon of Guitar Center are next to useless as there is no standard to go by. someone buys an item (guitar in this case) raves about it and gives it 5 stars. means nothing and isn't a good way to compare. no point in bitching about it as that won't change. of course someone like GC wants great reviews and could care less about credentials. good reviews lead to more sales.
With the Carvel you get one really nice guitar, if it were ever stolen.. that's it no extra cash to buy another guitar.. but with Yamaha Pacifica (they actually have a variety of models) you can have one or two guitars. Use extra cash to buy pedals or upgrade pickups for both (price for pickups varies depending on pickup brand/model).
Quote by psp742
With the Carvel you get one really nice guitar, if it were ever stolen.. that's it no extra cash to buy another guitar.. but with Yamaha Pacifica (they actually have a variety of models) you can have one or two guitars. Use extra cash to buy pedals or upgrade pickups for both (price for pickups varies depending on pickup brand/model).

ok so forgo a Porsche because it could stolen get a geo metro?

get the charvel. they are nice guitars, the MIM's are quite decent. excellent guitars for the money.

i haven't tried a USA charvel though so it could be better, but Bob is right, they moved around a bit in a short time.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

heterodox
OK I'll throw you a bone, Ever heard of Agile? They've been reviewed here on UG many times and for the most part get outstanding reviews , Basically its a brand name distributed by a US company called Rondo Music, They're Agile brand is S Korean made, Un-Sung or Samick, but there's some speculation, as they really wont say, In any case the quality on these guitars is top notch, And this coming from a guy that owns almost exclusively US made guitars, And yes I own an Agile also, Well not exactly , bought one for my kid that out grew and wore out his ole Ibanez, yet will still attest to the fact these things are every bit as good if not better than those Name Brands if not better for several hundred dollars less, Down side is they're internet sales only, Up side is that's why the price is as low as they are, No overhead and marketing team so to say, For you another down side would be on they're regular what's available at the moment page, Your not going to find a lot of Strat copies in the Agile brand, LP's and Super Strats up the ying yang though, and of those some are off the hook, However you can at certain times of the year order off they're custom guitar page, granted you'll wait a few months for it to be made. but when done it will be equipped exactly the way you want, So say you want a neck thru mahogany body HSH Strat with a Floyd? Yea OK we can do that, Not that I'm saying you should as I really never cared for a Strat, Just saying, But in reality I guess it would only of look like a Strat, in which case you can be forgiven .
http://www.rondomusic.com/customquote.html
trashedlostfdup
Do your homework, Charvel / Wayne Charvel started his guitar repair/ lets make some cool guitars out of bits and pieces shop back in the early 70's , By 78 Grover Jackson bought the company and Wayne all but vanished, Although you can still buy Charvel guitars under a different name, you just need to Know where to look, Same would apply to a guitar made by Grover Jackson, So in reality Charvel only changed hands twice sense Wayne. once to Jackson and once to FMIC, What they did with the brand varies, Some of the Japan models were quite nice, Some of the Chinese models were like, Should have just bought the Squier and saved a few bucks, I wont mention the US made models here as that's a different animal, and of course theres the MIM stuff which is on the same page as the other Fender MIM ware, but in the end You paid way too much for that logo on the headstock
Last edited by nastytroll at Oct 7, 2016,
OK, they must've pulled the old switcharoo on me on the Charvels. Last ones I looked at were USA under $1000 brand new. If they're Mexican-made, than that'll change things, prices will most likely drop on the Charvel used to about what a Pacifica would cost new. Maybe time to look at some LTD M-1000s, Sterling guitars or second hand USA-made guitars. Godin as someone mentioned might be brought into the fray as well, although their prices have started climbing as well.
I saw a 2016 Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas HH HT on eBay, probably just over an hour's drive from me, that was listed Buy It Now or Offer, and they lowered the price a couple of times. When I saw it drop to half the price of a new one, it was a struggle not to buy it.
Page 1 of 2