I've been doing research on an electric guitar that fits my style(clean, blues, rock, metal), and I came up with these 3. I don't have any experience with electric guitars(classical for 2 years) and I need someone with a more trained ear to help me out. Budget is, if none of these are good, anything around or under $300. To be run through an amp sim(saves money, otherwise I rethink my options).

ESP LTD M-100FM
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YID4ZQ/ref=twister_B01L6DVN1E?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Ibanez GRG150LTD
https://www.amazon.com/Ibanez-GRG150LTD-Electric-Guitar-Black/dp/B016NUOTXO

Epiphone Faded G-400
https://www.amazon.com/Epiphone-Faded-G-400-Electric-Guitar/dp/B0002PZBNO/ref=sr_1_10?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1475332816&sr=1-10&refinements=p_89%3AEpiphone%2Cp_n_size_browse-bin%3A486314011%2Cp_36%3A-34000&th=1

*Going to order online if none of these are at the store.
#1 ESP / LTD = The Floyd, bolt on neck, and basswood body are turning me away from this one. I haven't had a chance to play one (or any ESP for that matter) so it's nothing more than a personal opinion from reading the description. #2 Ibanez GRG = IMO you would be better off with a Fender MIM strat w/ a humbucker or two somewhere on the pickguard over this entry level model. #3 Epi G400 = I actually own one of these and of the three you have chosen it would be the one I'd put on top. Glued in neck, mahogany body, lightweight and solidly built with decent (not great) pickups that will sound good with an amp sim....of the three the G400 would be MY guitar of choice.
Alrighty. But, A)Is the Floyd Rose tremolo bad?
B) Bolt-on neck does what to a guitar?
Run away from the Epiphone, I owned two epi SGs. They feel like a toy. I'd probably go for the M-100. My buddy had 3 low end LTDs & they were absolutely great value for the money, great for hard rock, metal & drop tunings. Can't comment on the Ibanez, never played one but based on the demos I've seen I'd definitely place them above the Epiphone for sure.

#1 ESP LTD
#2 Ibanez
#3 Epiphone

The Ibanez is my wild card, I'll let others weigh in on this one.
Martin D-16GT
Takamine EG523SC
'17 Gibson Les Paul Standard
60s Gibson Les Paul Tribute
'16 Fender MIA Stratocaster
Blackstar HT-1R
Marshall DSL5c
Quote by Voradian
Alrighty. But, A)Is the Floyd Rose tremolo bad?
B) Bolt-on neck does what to a guitar?
A = Floyd Rose tremolos are not "bad" so much as they can make a guitar problematic to keep in tune. B = My opinion might be on account of personal preference. I personally like the feel of a glued in / through neck over a bolt-on. There are many bolt on neck guitars that are outstanding players and with a bolt on neck there always is that option of easily changing out the neck in the event of a break / upgrade.
Quote by bsadowsky3031
A = Floyd Rose tremolos are not "bad" so much as they can make a guitar problematic to keep in tune. B = My opinion might be on account of personal preference. I personally like the feel of a glued in / through neck over a bolt-on. There are many bolt on neck guitars that are outstanding players and with a bolt on neck there always is that option of easily changing out the neck in the event of a break / upgrade.

Floyd Rose trems are not bad, NOR do they make a guitar problematic to keep in tune. I've got a ton of Floyds on guitars including five or six on LP-style guitars alone, and on those guitars in particular, the Floyd makes it EASIER to keep the guitar in tune and avoid the usual issues of the strings hanging in the nut.

Never buy a bolt on neck guitar because you think you can "easily change out the neck." You'll never do it. When the only bolt-in necks matched Fender strats or teles, it was a possibility (rarely done, even then), but with all the guitars using them out there, the chances are good that the neck pocket size/shape and the bolt pattern will not be a correct match is very high.

Between the guitars you've listed, I'd personally eliminate the SG; they tend to be neck-heavy when you wear them in a strap, standing. Supporting the neck while trying to fret is possible but not a clear avenue to great technique, and eventually it'll fatigue your arm. You'll find your fretting hand pushed to the left compared to most other guitars (most strat-style guitars have the upper strap button located nearer the 12th fret, while the SGs are usually behind the 20th fret).

You'll want to consider other things about these guitars; two of them have 24-fret necks, the SG is a 22 fret guitar. The SG *looks* like you should have great upper fret access, but actually *playing* the guitar in that range around those recurved horns, you'll find yourself rotating your hand far too often. The LTD has extra jumbo frets; if you're coming off a classical guitar, you need to know that your technique is going to have to change (to a very light touch) or you'll be pulling your fretted notes sharp every time. A Floyd Rose takes some getting used to when it comes time to change strings. Once you understand them, you can yank the bridge out of the body, insert all six strings at a time, then drop it back into the body, string it up, put the springs back on and get it back in tune fairly quickly. But for the first few string changes, as you find your way, you'll hate it.

There's no clear advantage of a mahogany body over a basswood body (or vice-versa) unless, perhaps, when you're getting into a small, thick/dense body like that on a Les Paul. There, it's an advantage for sustain and for producing a different kind of sound, but then the knock on the guitar is its weight. Gibson has tried four or five different methods of gouging out the interior or even filling it with balsa wood to reduce the weight, but I actually prefer them solid. Basswood showed up on a lot of cheap guitars, so it was derided as a cheap substitute for other woods. But it's also shown up on some expensive guitars of late, and there are some really good guitarists that *prefer* it, so there you go.

You might consider (when talking "amp sims") finding a good used Line 6 Pod XT or similar modeler-type pedal unit -- rather than relying on a computer setup. Some folks consider the computer setup cheaper because, "I've already got a computer; all I need are some gizmos to connect the two." But remember that your computer (laptop, whatever) is now a part of your rig, and if you want to play anywhere other than at your desk at home, you've got to haul all that stuff around, and that computer is a lot more expensive than a used Pod should it be lost/stolen/dropped. Where I am, a PodXT Live (foot pedal version) is around $125, and it's got all the switching, presets and expression pedal (and onboard tuner, etc.) to allow you to play live should it come up. The desktop version ("bean") is even less, and you can always add a foot pedal setup to it later.
Quote by dspellman
You'll want to consider other things about these guitars; two of them have 24-fret necks, the SG is a 22 fret guitar. The SG *looks* like you should have great upper fret access, but actually *playing* the guitar in that range around those recurved horns, you'll find yourself rotating your hand far too often. The LTD has extra jumbo frets; if you're coming off a classical guitar, you need to know that your technique is going to have to change (to a very light touch) or you'll be pulling your fretted notes sharp every time.

In short, they're both harder to play due to my background?

Not much information being given on the Ibanez, but based on input, I'm leaning towards the LTD. I'm still deciding on laptop or amp, because it'll depend on the guitar I get, and if I'll ever bring it anywhere outside family. Thanks for the information by the way! Really helps a lot.
I stay away from cheap floyds. if you don't know what a Floyd is you probably don't want one.

I would have a hard time recommending any of those.

I would go with a Mexican strat with a humbucker at the bridge.

but, let's start from scratch.

budget?
location?
willing to buy used?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup
Budget is anywhere around $300(converted from PHP)
Live in the sunny Philippines
Unsure about my stance on used

Mexican Strat is way out of my budget btw
Quote by Voradian
trashedlostfdup
Budget is anywhere around $300(converted from PHP)
Live in the sunny Philippines
Unsure about my stance on used

Mexican Strat is way out of my budget btw

No it's not. I bought two of them used for $300 each, they really are awesome guitars & with the 5 way switch they're quite versatile...
Martin D-16GT
Takamine EG523SC
'17 Gibson Les Paul Standard
60s Gibson Les Paul Tribute
'16 Fender MIA Stratocaster
Blackstar HT-1R
Marshall DSL5c
Quote by NewDayHappy
No it's not. I bought two of them used for $300 each, they really are awesome guitars & with the 5 way switch they're quite versatile...

i have too, but that is in the states. markets differ a lot.

i have probably bought over ten MIM guitars for under $300, and most of them less than $300.

my current MIM strat i got for $175, lol. lets just say i needed to clean it up a bit. haha.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Run away from cheap guitars with Floyds. You get what you pay for with Floyds and given the nature of them, they either work perfectly or they don't work at all. There's little middle ground. And the soft pot metal they use on the cheaper ones prevents them from staying in tune properly. If you know anything about how they're designed to work you'll know how frustrating and time consuming it is to have to keep retuning them just because you breathed on it. Some might argue that you can just block them off, but that being the case you should've just got a fixed bridge. What's the point of having a Floyd if you can't use them the way they were designed to be used.

I'd honestly buy neither of the guitars you've listed and get a Yamaha Pacifica. They aren't overly exciting guitars, but they're a very safe option and the quality of them is about as good as you'll get for the price.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Quote by Voradian
In short, they're both harder to play due to my background?

Nope. But as my guitar teacher drilled into me: Let The Guitar Do The Work. If you've got low action, use a light touch. Don't Gorilla Grip things.
So Floyd Roses are bad for a cheap guitar
The States have cheaper guitars
Action matters