Where can I find comparison of tenor G4 and baritone G4, and tenor A2 and baritone A2? I want to hear the difference
Uhhhh, A2 isn't in what I would consider my usable range. I sound like crap there.
You might want to check out The Techniques Of Singing by Nicholas Isherwood. It'll probably answer most of your questions in much more depth than we could.
Quote by GoldenGuitar
Uhhhh, A2 isn't in what I would consider my usable range. I sound like crap there.
You might want to check out The Techniques Of Singing by Nicholas Isherwood. It'll probably answer most of your questions in much more depth than we could.

Yeah, I know! What is your lowest note in usable range? Mine is B2 :P. I can go as low as G2, but that is very very very airy, and I can hold it for 1 second, then it jumps up to A2 which is also very very quiet and breathy...

EDIT:

forgot to mention, that G2 is just at mornings! My lowest (worst) not usable is A#2 :P
Last edited by Colja123 at Oct 2, 2016,
Mine is also a B2, but there's no depth when I sing that in chest voice. So I'd say C3 is the lowest for me.
Colja123
Bass sounds deep like a bass guitar, or let me put it this way.

Take any guitar You got.
And now, bass is the lowest guitar string. Thick like hell. Baritone is like the middle string, and tenor is the highest string.
There are variations over that and it's not mostly accurate comparisone, but you get the point I believe.

Just check for vocal ranges. And low notes aren't really that rare for tenors, i.e. Jonathan Davis is reaching lower than C2.
For baritone, I guess Michael Buble might be your kind of guy. And most of baritones can hit higher than G4, a lot higher, You can check for A4.
Last edited by CrossX32 at Oct 3, 2016,
Quote by CrossX32
Colja123
Bass sounds deep like a bass guitar, or let me put it this way.

Take any guitar You got.
And now, bass is the lowest guitar string. Thick like hell. Baritone is like the middle string, and tenor is the highest string.
There are variations over that and it's not mostly accurate comparisone, but you get the point I believe.

Just check for vocal ranges. And low notes aren't really that rare for tenors, i.e. Jonathan Davis is reaching lower than C2.
For baritone, I guess Michael Buble might be your kind of guy. And most of baritones can hit higher than G4, a lot higher, You can check for A4.

Thanks for that! I already know I won't be a bass (99% sure), but it's going to a tenor for now. I tried some tenor and baritone vocal warmups, and as we were descending the scale in baritone's range, I stopped at Bb2... That went down to an F2 I think. Then I tried a tenor warmup, and it felt great! Lowest was Bb2, which was perfect for me! As I said, my highest chest is A#4 (but I'm not trained, 0 technique), lowest chest A2 (sounds like shit). All I want is to be able to hit A#4 with a full voice! And maybe C5. Well, by full I mean sounding chesty! Not in chest. So if I'll be a baritone (trained) let's say I'll be able to hit that A4 in chest, will A#4 in mixed and C5 sound chesty in mix?
Just for the record, during puberty, my regular speaking voice's around F3-C4, it went down by an octave, and I recently started to believe, that I'm low tenor/heldentenor, for some reasons, but that's not the point of topic.

Most important for now, what's your actual age?

There are various voice types, and every each voice may still be somehow different.
You can be a Baritone that can go up to even B4 with really heavy chesty sound. On the other hand, you might be the one, that will make it up to G4 and never make it to A4 without falsetto. So, that strongly depends.
Quote by CrossX32
Just for the record, during puberty, my regular speaking voice's around F3-C4, it went down by an octave, and I recently started to believe, that I'm low tenor/heldentenor, for some reasons, but that's not the point of topic.

Most important for now, what's your actual age?

There are various voice types, and every each voice may still be somehow different.
You can be a Baritone that can go up to even B4 with really heavy chesty sound. On the other hand, you might be the one, that will make it up to G4 and never make it to A4 without falsetto. So, that strongly depends.

I'm almost 15. My speaking voice goes from C3-E3 (mostly D#3). Another thing: all I want to do is be able to sing A#4s with a chesty sound! And maybe a C5! If I can do that as a baritone, then I don't really care what I'll be :P I don't want to be a tenor! I want to be able to sing like I said, A#4s and C5s with chest! If I'll be a baritone that can sing like that, I'll be okay with being a baritone
Colja123
Woah, hold on, 15 years old is telling that your voice is still going through changes, and i.e. for me it happened around 18/19 y.o.
Other thing, speaking voice is rarely just 3 notes. Or you're a robot... You might go down to even basso-profundo, no way of really figuring out right now.

About the notes - practice, cause good vocal technique won't magically dissapear after your puberty. You might or might not hit those. But for the record, if you're not going to sing classical pieces, then you'll be able to sing pretty high even as a bass voice, so let's end it here. Just try to practice and you'll see what'll come out from it. I believe this ends the topic.
Cheers.